Hans Küng is Dead
Remember that whilst he rejected the Catholic Faith and was forbidden to teach in Catholic faculties, he remained a Priest in 'good standing' with faculties from 18 December 1979 until today when he died.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 4 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Adventus, austenbosten, karl, Sed libera nos
I hope and pray he converted to the Catholic Faith at the end. I honestly thought he had died already. I'll pray for his soul, even though he was a heretic.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 4 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • austenbosten, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, karl, Sed libera nos
(04-06-2021, 11:20 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I hope and pray he converted to the Catholic Faith at the end. I honestly thought he had died already. I'll pray for his soul, even though he was a heretic.

Oh, I will too. 

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • austenbosten, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
What motivates a person to dispute a dogma defined fifty years before his own birth?  It would be like a newly minted Gen Z priest questioning the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_K%C3%BCng

Quote:In 1998, he published Dying with Dignity, co-written with Walter Jens, in which he affirms acceptance of euthanasia from a Christian viewpoint.

Quote:In 2003, Küng saw the beatification of Pope Pius IX as evidence of the degeneration of canonizations to "gestures of church politics".

Quote:In a 2009 interview with Le Monde, Küng deeply criticised the lifting of the excommunications on the bishops of the Society of Saint Pius X. His remarks drew a rebuke from Cardinal Angelo Sodano.

Quote:In 2013, Küng wrote in Erlebte Menschlichkeit ("Experienced Humanity") that he believed people had the right to end their own lives if physical illness, pain, or dementia made living unbearable. He indicated he was considering the option of assisted suicide for himself because he was suffering from Parkinson's disease and was losing the ability to see and write. Küng wrote that he did not wish to follow the example of Pope John Paul II.
🤡 There's no such thing as a Catholic Democra 🤡
I hope he didn't have himself euthanized.  I'll pray for the repose of his soul.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
(04-06-2021, 11:33 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: I hope he didn't have himself euthanized.  I'll pray for the repose of his soul.

It doesn't look like it. According to Wikipedia, 'Küng died at home in Tübingen on 6 April 2021. He was 93.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
Here's what the Pontifical Academy for Life tweeted: "Disappears a great figure in the theology of the last century, whose ideas and analyses must always make us reflect on the Catholic Church, the Churches, the society, the culture."

Of course, after Francis gutted the Academy of all the actual Catholics, I'm not surprised. You might remember that many of those purged went on to found the John Paul II Academy for Human Life and the Family. I wonder what they would tweet on the death of this pro-death 'theologian'?

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 4 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Anon777, austenbosten, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, Sed libera nos
May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.
[-] The following 3 users Like benedicite's post:
  • Augustinian, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael
My confidence in his final repentance is lessened by the fact that he died in his sleep. But, given that he considered euthanasia in 2013 but never went through with it perhaps gave him time to finally repent. God-willing.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 4 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • austenbosten, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael, Sword of St. Michael
We can hope he had time and inclination to repent but I see him and his followers as the planters of the seeds that became weeds attempting to overrun the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Water1965's post:
  • Anon777