Best-Selling Devotional Has Prayer to 'Help Me to Hate White People'
Best-Selling Devotional Has Prayer to 'Help Me to Hate White People'

Quote:Dear God,

Please help me to hate white people. Or at least to want to hate them. At least, I want to stop caring about them, individually and collectively. I want to stop caring about their misguided, racist souls, to stop believing that they can be better, that they can stop being racist.

https://pjmedia.com/uncategorized/matt-m...e-n1438103

honk honk
🤡 There's no such thing as a Catholic Democra 🤡
This can't be a Christian publication.

What part of "Love thy neighbor" is hard for these morons to understand?
--BobCatholic 
(04-07-2021, 09:17 PM)BobCatholic Wrote: This can't be a Christian publication.
Well, at least some 'Catholics' think the author is a Christian. From the website of the Collegeville Institute, which defines itself as, 'a place of scholarship, worship, dialogue, and community immersed in the Benedictine rhythm of work and prayer':

Dr. Chanequa Walker-Barnes is a clinical psychologist, public theologian, and minister whose work integrates healing, justice, and reconciliation. She serves as Associate Professor of Practical Theology at the Mercer University McAfee School of Theology and utilizes her interdisciplinary background to write, speak, and teach about self-care, racial and gender justice, and reconciliation. She is the author of I Bring the Voices of My People: A Womanist Vision for Racial Reconciliation and Too Heavy a Yoke: Black Women and the Burden of Strength. She facilitated the Writing for Mystic Activists writing workshop for the Collegeville Institute in 2019 and will be a short-term Resident Scholar in spring 2020.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(04-07-2021, 09:32 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Collegeville Institute

[Image: source.gif]
Collegeville as in St John's Abbey + University, the Benedictine institution in Minnesota: 2475 Ecumenical Dr., Collegeville MN 56321. https://collegevilleinstitute.org/about-us/

The Collegeville Institute is a place of scholarship, worship, dialogue, and community immersed in the Benedictine rhythm of work and prayer.
The Collegeville Institute for Ecumenical and Cultural Research, rooted in Christian tradition, brings together people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives to foster the world’s healing through the power of religious ideas, insight, and practices.
Our mission is to encourage research.
Our mission is ecumenical.
Our mission is cultural.

Ceoole2475 e
(04-07-2021, 09:32 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Collegeville Institute

[Image: source.gif]
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
Ah, a segue

Hill Museum - Manuscript Library

What's inside the manuscripts HMML is preserving? 
-Fr. Columba Stewart OSB

The Manuscripts of Timbuktu

The manuscript thing is good, (back when people wrote soberly), bucause once the typewriter became prevalent people started writing all sorts of strange things while under the influence of drink and drugs - the so called Lost Generation and their Writer Colonies - (most people's handwriting is illegible when drunk) Anyway then they hooked the typewriter up to the TV and spawned a whole 'nother Lost Generation. PTKFGS
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
They should replace it with the prayer of St. Francis:

Quote:Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 4 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • austenbosten, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael, SeekerofChrist
Funny how liberal Christianity's "brotherhood of all men" and "universal love" have morphed over the decades into something where hate for one's enemies is actually to be sought after from God Himself.  I suppose, when one seeks salvation in this world, and not Heaven, it is far more tempting to give into hatred for those getting in the way of your earthly salvation.  And liberal Christianity is very big on downplaying an actual afterlife, or any focus on one, in favor of saving the world now.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 6 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Anon777, antiquarian, Augustinian, austenbosten, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael
(04-08-2021, 10:47 AM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: And liberal Christianity is very big on downplaying an actual afterlife, or any focus on one, in favor of saving the world now.

Perhaps liberal Christianity is not Christianity at all:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moralistic...utic_deism
[-] The following 5 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • antiquarian, austenbosten, J Michael, Melkite, SeekerofChrist
So it is obvious that the guy downstairs suckered another group into hatred.
--BobCatholic