Can my 64 year old mother take the Moderna Covid vaccine this Monday?
(04-10-2021, 11:18 PM)Jerry Towns Wrote: Take the vaccine, both of you.  Who are you to deny your mother a potentially life saving vaccine?  4000 people died every day last week in Brazil from the covid.  The Catholic bishops of basically every country in the world have recommended and suggested that you take the vaccine.  If there is a sin in this, it is on them.  They have taken it upon themselves. 

The problem with people saying, hey, I'm 34 and healthy so I don't need the vaccine, is that this perpetuates the spread of the disease.  You're not going to get sick or even realize you have it probably, unless you get the P1 from Brazil.  Oops that kills young people too. But maybe you're a dude and you get it and oops your penis doesn't work anymore and no children for you.  Or you can't smell anything ever again, except by sniffing really hard and even then it's not quite right.  And food tastes like rancid meat.  And oops you gave it to granny and granny's lungs turn to cauliflower and she spends her last 3 days on a cross drowning as she gasps for breath. 

But hey, I hate the government or the media or facebook or the Man.  I'm not taking the vaccine because hate and spite.

Hold on, what? I’m referring to the text I’ve put in bold, of course. Does COVID-19 do damage to penises? I’m seriously asking, I don’t know the answer.
(04-11-2021, 06:58 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Roberto de Mattei: 10 Questions to All Those Holding the “Anti-Vax” Position

From One Peter Five

By Professor Roberto De Mattei

[i]My position in defence of the moral liceity of the currently available anti-Covid vaccines has attracted the approval of some cardinals, theologians and priests, whom I thank here, but also the predictable disapproval of many who hold an “anti-vax” position. Having recently published a study on the moral liceity of vaccination examining the question more broadly ([/i][i] On the moral liceity of the vaccination[/i][i]), I limit myself here to putting some questions to those who hold the “anti-vax” position. I would ask them to answer these in a precise and, if possible, polite manner.[/i]

Read the whole article

Incredibly lazy and/or dishonest argumentation, depending on what motivated it.

1 - Yes

2 - Yes

3 - Yes.  That person was murdered, and then I received one of his parts.  He wasn't murdered so that I could receive his parts.

4 - According to the Church's teaching, those products may be used if they treat or prevent a serious disease.  Because COVID isn't a serious disease (like Hepatitis or Rubella), it's not analogous.

5 - I don't reject any of those statements.  All of them condition the liceity of the vaccine on the seriousness of the disease it treats.  A vaccine against the common cold, made possible by abortion, would not be licit.

6 - The evil of this vaccine comes from its use in conditioning the faithful to accept an abortion-tainted vaccine to treat a disease that isn't serious.  If we accept abortion to treat non-serious diseases, what wouldn't we accept abortion for?

7 - It's unclear.  The risks of sterilization (which is confirmed by many instances of spontaneous abortion in the weeks following administration) and antibody-dependent enhancement are too significant to ignore, and they have not been studied long-term.

8 - I don't know anything about that guy.  My reticence is caused directly by the statements of Dr. Michael Yeadon, former head of allergy and respiratory at Pfizer, and indirectly by the way in which this vaccine is being forced on the world.  I don't have to get MMR or varicella to hold down a job and go to Mass.  But, for some reason, I'm expected to get an experimental vaccine to treat a non-serious disease in order to hold down a job and go to Mass.

9 - I don't know of any bishops or priests who dispute the existing magisterial teachings.  I don't dispute them myself, either.  I clarified this in parts 4 and 5.

10 - I don't know of any bishops or priests who have created new moral responsibilities.
[-] The following 3 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • J Michael, Marmot, SacraCor714
I work part-time as a firefighter and EMT. We were offered the vaccine before most everyone else was. I too shared the same common reservations about taking the vaccine. My pastor was against taking the vaccine, but after I read statements made by the USCCB and the Vatican, I volunteered to take the vaccine. About half of the department did so. My motivation to do so was:
1. So that I can get the piece of paper that says so.
2. So that I can freely interact with sick people.

After the second dose, I got sick for a day. I took another day off for convalescing. Since that time I have noticed that:
1. Nothing else happened.
2. I have not noticed any new or unusual urges to vote Democrat.
3. My piping "down there" appears to be functioning and still attached to my body.
4. I can't shoot laser beams out of my eyes, fly, or throw cars around, which was a disappointment.

I'm only a few years younger than your mother. If she wants the vaccine, let her have it. Otherwise, don't take the vaccine. In the long run I don't believe that it will make any difference.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matas's post:
  • Evangelium
(04-13-2021, 11:14 AM)Matas Wrote: 3.  My piping "down there" appears to be functioning and still attached to my body.
4.  I can't shoot laser beams out of my eyes, fly, or throw cars around, which was a disappointment.

You were probably part of the placebo control group.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • J Michael
(04-13-2021, 11:18 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 11:14 AM)Matas Wrote: 3.  My piping "down there" appears to be functioning and still attached to my body.
4.  I can't shoot laser beams out of my eyes, fly, or throw cars around, which was a disappointment.

But I still got the piece of paper!
(04-13-2021, 11:20 AM)Matas Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 11:18 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:

But I still got the piece of paper!

Does it look like this?

https://web.archive.org/web/202104062024...NGLISH.pdf
This is downright weird. Getting online advice about whether to make a medical decision? Wrong, just wrong.

By the way, after my first dose, I experienced occasional periods of weightlessness. Is that normal? *

* just kidding
(04-13-2021, 11:14 AM)Matas Wrote: 2.  I have not noticed any new or unusual urges to vote Democrat.
3.  My piping "down there" appears to be functioning and still attached to my body.
All of those are part of the still-unreported (i.e. secret) long-term adverse reactions.  Once they kick in, there's no stopping them.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
(04-11-2021, 07:05 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Hold on, what? I’m referring to the text I’ve put in bold, of course. Does COVID-19 do damage to penises? I’m seriously asking, I don’t know the answer.

Yes, Covid damages blood vessels.  Studies out last month show that men who have had Covid are almost 6 times more likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
(04-13-2021, 12:50 PM)Jerry Towns Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 07:05 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Hold on, what? I’m referring to the text I’ve put in bold, of course. Does COVID-19 do damage to penises? I’m seriously asking, I don’t know the answer.

Yes, Covid damages blood vessels.  Studies out last month show that men who have had Covid are almost 6 times more likely to develop erectile dysfunction.

A study from January 2021 demonstrated that the spike protein produced by the vaccines can damage cardiac cells even in the absence of an infection.