Can converts receive the Sacrament of Confession?
(04-13-2021, 04:43 PM)Marmot Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 04:33 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: There are priests in the Society who reject the validity of Novus Ordo sacraments.
Say who they are, and we'll see tomorrow whether they are "in the SSPX".

I know of plenty of SSPX priests who have serious doubts about various of the new rites of the Sacraments as performed, not in themselves.

Msgr Lefebvre himself had serious questions about Confirmation due to its change (and hence the SSPX practice of near-universal offering of Conditional Confirmation to those not Confirmed in the traditional rite, is from him). He also had doubts about the new Mass, not because of form and matter, but due to intention, since the GIRM and seminaries were teaching the Mass as a meal (an heretical concept), and not as the Council of Trent did, as a Propitiatory Sacrifice. Given the poor instruction in the seminaries and bad Catechesis, he thought that eventually the changes would affect the attitude of the priests and bring into question validity from a lack of intention.

I know of no SSPX priests who openly say that any Novus Ordo sacrament is categorically invalid. I am quite confident that if they did publicly say this, they would not be "in the SSPX" for very long afterward.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can converts receive the Sacrament of Confession? - by MagisterMusicae - 04-13-2021, 06:41 PM