Eastern Saints and Eastern Catholics
I've noticed that, occasionally, I'll find someone from pre-1054 who is recognized as a saint in the Eastern Orthodox Church but who is not recognized (officially, at least) in the Latin-rite Catholic Church.  Examples like Constantine the Great and Claudia Procula come to mind.  At least some are saints in the Eastern Catholic Churches.  I've seen, for example, Eastern Catholic parishes named after Constantine.  Does their veneration in the Eastern Catholic Churches give them some kind of implicit or de facto recognition by Rome?  I'm rather curious, as I've always been fond of Constantine the Great and wouldn't mind including his icon on my personal prayer shrine and maybe seeking his intercession.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

Messages In This Thread
Eastern Saints and Eastern Catholics - by SeekerofChrist - 04-14-2021, 09:42 AM