What the heck is "Critical Race Theory"?
(04-17-2021, 12:40 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Okay, if CRT becomes mainstream and people are brought up to see people in terms of skin-color how does that not lead us back towards a way of thinking and a society that led towards slavery?

Yes, CRT is braindead and will have horrific consequences if not checked.

But this does seem to be a left-right problem. Is CRT actually gaining traction in the Republican party?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Zedta
(04-17-2021, 12:43 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 12:40 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Okay, if CRT becomes mainstream and people are brought up to see people in terms of skin-color how does that not lead us back towards a way of thinking and a society that led towards slavery?

But this does seem to be a left-right problem.  Is CRT actually gaining traction in the Republican party?

It will...already the Republican Party goes shamefully out of its way to show how inclusive and diverse it is.

If you want to see if CRT will gain traction in the GOP look no further than how LGBTQ gained traction. The GOP went from DOMA in 1997 to Obergefell v Hodges is the "law of the land"
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • Zedta
(04-17-2021, 12:43 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:

But this does seem to be a left-right problem.  Is CRT actually gaining traction in the Republican party?

You're assuming we have a two party system.

The RINOpublican party is just one half of the one party system.
--BobCatholic 
[-] The following 3 users Like BobCatholic's post:
  • antiquarian, austenbosten, Zedta
You guys honestly thought austen was serious?
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • austenbosten
(04-17-2021, 01:00 PM)austenbosten Wrote: It will...already the Republican Party goes shamefully out of its way to show how inclusive and diverse it is.

Call me naive, but I want to believe the future of that party is people like Jack Posobiec, not a fake-woke version of the old boys' club.
(04-17-2021, 01:07 PM)Augustinian Wrote: You guys honestly thought austen was serious?

I figured there was an irony that didn't come through.
It would be helpful if Glenn was accurate with what he suggest CRT to be. He starts with a wrong premise.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/...ce-theory/

If anyone on this board believes that the laws in our country have not been discriminatory since its inception towards people who were not white, mainly males, they need to have a serious lesson in history.
(04-17-2021, 12:42 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 12:38 PM)Ardent Fire Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 11:53 AM)austenbosten Wrote: I know I'm provocative, but to be called out by people who I saw as my friends as being a racist, well I'm disappointed.  I thought you all knew me better than that

I actually have not been a frequent poster and don't know you at all and I sincerely apologize if I took your post the wrong way. But the problem with the internet is that if someone doesn't know someone that is posting, any lacking of clear indication of irony or sarcasm does make a difference when we don't have the luxury of face to face conversation. Don't just assume that everyone that reads this board knows you or your intentions clearly. God bless.

Ardent it wasn't necessarily at you but others who are long time members.  They should know damn well I'm not a racist, but as I said earlier we have been so conditioned that it really is a Pavlovian response.
I can't and won't speak for either Vox or CJAMP, but I thought long and hard about that post before responding to it.  No knee-jerk Pavlovian response.  I looked for and just outright failed to see the irony in it, even knowing how provocative you like to be at times.  Like things I may have posted in the past, it was just inartfully written, imo, and just missed the mark, at least as far as I'm concerned.  Forgive me for misunderstanding you.

It's so easy on these boards to try to be clever and cute and provocative or whatever.  It's even easier, as ArdentFire alluded to, write in such a fashion as to be easily misunderstood when trying to be so.  Trust me....I know.  And I'm NOT a doctor :-) .
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Compassion and justice in one soul are as a man adoring God and idols in one house." -St. Isaac of Syria

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 3 users Like J Michael's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, Fionnchu, jovan66102
(04-17-2021, 01:13 PM)farronwolf Wrote: It would be helpful if Glenn was accurate with what he suggest CRT to be.  He starts with a wrong premise.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/crsj/...ce-theory/

If anyone on this board believes that the laws in our country have not been discriminatory since its inception towards people who were not white, mainly males, they need to have a serious lesson in history.
Hopefully not like the notorious "1619 Project" infesting and infecting schools all over the country.
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Compassion and justice in one soul are as a man adoring God and idols in one house." -St. Isaac of Syria

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, jovan66102
(04-17-2021, 01:19 PM)J Michael Wrote: I can't and won't speak for either Vox or CJAMP, but I thought long and hard about that post before responding to it.  No knee-jerk Pavlovian response.  I looked for and just outright failed to see the irony in it, even knowing how provocative you like to be at times. 

Irony is, what good is it to push an ideology that seeks to single-out by race when you are:

A - In the minority.
B - Disproportionately commit the majority of crimes.
C - Disproportionately rely on government assistance.
D - Publicly is committing crimes against the fast growing minority in the burgeoning age of China (where slavery is not taboo.)

To me it's extremely foolhardy, and Joe Biden for all his faults and goofs was absolutely spot-on when he gaffed to a group of black leaders and told them that when whites are the minority, who are you going to go to for your problems?  You cannot blame slavery and Jim Crow on Asians and Latinos. 

CRT is very dangerous seeds to sow for the future.  Dylan Roof wrote a manifesto before he shot up a church of black people and I encourage you to at least consider what he wrote...because once CRT becomes mainstream you should not be surprised if you sadly see more people becoming violent and agitated like Dylan Roof towards blacks.

Years of poison that men like Louis Farrakhan pushed the idea that all blacks are mistreated and oppressed and all whites are racists former slave-holders lead us to where we are now with BLM, I'm saying pushing CRT...heck just the pre-CRT narrative we are pushing is going to have dire consequences.