What the heck is "Critical Race Theory"?
(04-17-2021, 08:45 PM)Fionnchu Wrote: Trouble is, imagine the repercussions for FE if the ironic remark was taken out of context and went viral. 

There are over 380 'guests' viewing the forum right now. Many of them are undoubtedly web crawlers. Who knows who's behind some of them? Some of the others may be SJW's who believe the SPLC's claims that Traditional Catholics are a 'hate group'. All we need is to get targeted.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael
(04-17-2021, 11:07 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Some of the others may be SJW's who believe the SPLC's claims that Traditional Catholics are a 'hate group'.

I have some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is, the SPLC will consider Traditional Catholicism a hAtE gRoUp for as long as Traditional Catholicism exists because the Gospel prevents us from getting onboard the rainbow/pronouns train. It'd be nice if our leaders could make this clear and take some of the heat off of the orthodox Catholics, but our leaders keep giving society the impression that our aversion to rainbow/pronouns nonsense could change.

The good news is, Traditional Catholicism was here for a long time before the SPLC existed, and it will be here for a long time after the SPLC ceases to exist.
[-] The following 3 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Ambrosiano, J Michael, jovan66102
Well if you want I can delete my responses and replies if everyone is so concerned about cancel-culture.

Nobody seemed to be concerned about the criticisms of Israel, Jews, Muslims, Antifa, and LGBTQ+ that have been posted on this site before.

However it seems there are legitimate concerns regarding my specific posting, so I am willing to delete what I said but those who quoted me should do likewise.
(04-17-2021, 01:07 PM)Augustinian Wrote: You guys honestly thought austen was serious?

Serious? We know he's serious. I also don't think, and didn't say I think, he's racist. I'm with him 100% on the long-term effects of CRT. It's a game black people will lose, and I've pointed this out myself. The glue that holds the Dems together is shared collective grievance animated by anti-white, anti-male, anti-straight, anti-Christian identity politics; when Hispanics are the majority, though, they're not going to care about black people as a group, but will have learned the race-based blame game. Collectively, they'll identify more with whites than with blacks (they were considered "white" until relatively recently). There are already major racial skirmishes between Hispanics and blacks, and Asians and blacks, etc.

The problem is that Austen's comment would be taken as racist by most anyone who doesn't know him. Drive-by posts that can be easily taken as racist even though the writer isn't racist are a problem when, at any given time, hundreds of surfers are here reading over our shoulders. If I thought Austen were a racist, I'd have banned him a long time ago. I just want people to be careful about how posts can be taken out of context. The goal is to bring people to the Faith.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 5 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • antiquarian, Ardent Fire, austenbosten, Fionnchu, J Michael
(04-17-2021, 11:25 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Well if you want I can delete my responses and replies if everyone is so concerned about cancel-culture. 

Nobody seemed to be concerned about the criticisms of Israel, Jews, Muslims, Antifa, and LGBTQ+ that have been posted on this site before.

However it seems there are legitimate concerns regarding my specific posting, so I am willing to delete what I said but those who quoted me should do likewise.

No need for anything like that. This thread has explained things, so now if anyone wants to take it out of context, well, that's what they're doing: taking it out of a context that's readily discernible.
[-] The following 4 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • austenbosten, Fionnchu, J Michael, jovan66102
(04-17-2021, 11:37 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:  
No need for anything like that. This thread has explained things, so now if anyone wants to take it out of context, well, that's what they're doing: taking it out of a context that's readily discernible.

Alright well I apologize for causing trouble with my provocative statement. Really what I was trying to say is that thinking along the lines of Jim Crow, even if it's in the reverse (which is really what CRT adheres to) really is not doing anyone any favors. I can understand how some blacks might not care for the liberal color-blindness advocated by MLK, but setting up a system that would only inflame and encourage revanchism is not the way to go.

The KKK has been thoroughly discredited for decades and CRT would be the very thing that those White Supremacist groups would love to have to enlarge their numbers and reinvigorate their movement.
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • Fionnchu, J Michael
(04-17-2021, 11:48 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Alright well I apologize for causing trouble with my provocative statement. 

Eh, no harm, no foul. Like I said, I knew what you meant (and didn't mean).

Quote:  Really what I was trying to say is that thinking along the lines of Jim Crow, even if it's in the reverse (which is really what CRT adheres to) really is not doing anyone any favors.  I can understand how some blacks might not care for the liberal color-blindness advocated by MLK, but setting up a system that would only inflame and encourage revanchism is not the way to go. 

The KKK has been thoroughly discredited for decades and CRT would be the very thing that those White Supremacist groups would love to have to enlarge their numbers and reinvigorate their movement.

100% right. Some folks of that ilk are iiiiiiiiitching for Helter Skelter, and LOVE what CRT is doing.
[-] The following 3 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • austenbosten, Fionnchu, J Michael
(04-17-2021, 01:13 PM)farronwolf Wrote: If anyone on this board believes that the laws in our country have not been discriminatory since its inception towards people who were not white, mainly males, they need to have a serious lesson in history.

Last I checked, it's illegal to discriminate by race and sex, and has been for decades. It's even illegal to discriminate by sexual orientation, now that 'sex' includes preference.

Nobody denies the US has been racist in the past. Nowadays? Not so much. And 'something bad happened to a black person' doesn't mean it's the result of racism.
[-] The following 4 users Like Paul's post:
  • Ambrosiano, austenbosten, J Michael, jovan66102
(04-17-2021, 11:54 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: 100% right. Some folks of that ilk are iiiiiiiiitching for Helter Skelter, and LOVE what CRT is doing.

What makes you think it's only the KKK types? The promoters of CRT would absolutely love it if some white supremacist shot up a group of non-whites, because they could use it to justify even more crackdowns on the right, blame it all on Trump (with the implications that anyone who supports him wants black people dead), and continue the division of society.

All right out of the Marxist playbook.
[-] The following 3 users Like Paul's post:
  • antiquarian, austenbosten, J Michael
(04-16-2021, 05:52 PM)austenbosten Wrote: At what point does CRT completely and hopelessly blow up in blacks faces once people realize that they are incapable of taking care of themselves and are only useful for manual labor.

Have to agree with J Michael, there's no humor or satire here.  I'm just glad people called him out.  It doesn't surprise me though.  After he advocated for the state sanctioned execution of homosexuals and another protestants and Greeks...smh.  Hope he doesn't get his hands of a topic about Jews.