Ape of the Church?
(10-01-2021, 05:16 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 02:59 PM)TheGhostlyOne Wrote: That Catholics are required to accept the lies of Francis is the biggest obstacle for me seeing the Roman Church as the Universal Church. 

??? No Catholic is required to accept anything that Francis says unless he speaks
Quote:EX CATHEDRA, that is, when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church' (Pastor Aeternus, Dogmatic Constitution on the Church of Christ, Chapter 4: On the infallible teaching authority of the Roman Pontiff, Paragraph 9)
which he has never once done during his entire Pontificate.

In fact, any Catholic with a conscience well-formed in the sensus fidelium not only is not 'required' to accept his attempts at changing the doctrine and Constitution of the Church, he has a duty to resist!

Upon reflection, your statement has to be the correct view of things, because it’s the only perspective that makes logical sense, regarding Pope Francis. As always, you make good sense. 

I’m surrounded by people who believe that the Keys represent a blank check to do whatever he wants, and that we have no choice but to bow down and internalize his teachings, regardless of what they are. It’s encouraging to know that those people are mistaken. 

I’ve have even heard it said, that he can use the “power of the keys” to promote gay “marriage” or any other heterodox ideas. 

What you are saying should be taught to all converts. Wish that I had learned of it sooner.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheGhostlyOne's post:
  • jovan66102
(10-01-2021, 10:47 PM)TheGhostlyOne Wrote: What you are saying should be taught to all converts. Wish that I had learned of it sooner.

There's a lot that even us cradle Catholics don't get taught or taught well. For example, I didn't know what the Eucharist was until I was 28. And...I went to Catholic school...
[-] The following 1 user Likes choosetowitness's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
Its like your father telling you to do something immoral. Youre obligated to disobey not because you reject his authority over you, but because that specific command is unjust. But later if he tells you to take the trash out, and you refuse because you believe he doesn't have the authority to give even a moral command, anathema sit!
Daily Rosary pray,
Scapular as She asked,
Little Office at my side,
Until the day I pass.

Through the highest heaven,
To the Almighty Three,
Father, Son, and Spirit,
One same glory be. Amen
[-] The following 2 users Like Lavenderson's post:
  • jack89, jovan66102
Yes I thought Christmas was the holiest time of the church.
I thought Easter was no big deal. I also went to Catholic School.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AnaCarolina1's post:
  • choosetowitness
(10-03-2021, 05:55 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: Yes I thought Christmas was the holiest  time of the church.

It's such a bad joke, isn't it? We'll be homeschooling our boy, luckily we still have two years before that starts.
(10-03-2021, 08:05 PM)choosetowitness Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 05:55 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: Yes I thought Christmas was the holiest  time of the church.

It's such a bad joke, isn't it? We'll be homeschooling our boy, luckily we still have two years before that starts.

Alot of the problem my wife and I (both went to catholic school for most of our lives) run into is that we dont know what we dont know. Until really sitting down and trying to teach ourselves the faith (which can work but is a cautionary thing to do without some guidance from a priest or someone versed in theology), we didnt know what we were lacking. Christmas vs Easter, the fact that humani vitae and jp2 werent the first time that the church spoke on such things as sex, marriage, abortion, etc., the dea that there was even modern heresies like modernism, Americanism etc, separation of church and state is a condemned idea etc. None of that, nor most of what can be found reading the popes writings would have crossed our minds unless we made a conscience effort to look into it. I hazard a guess that most people dont as its not something that is all that important to them. Why woudl it be even, if they were never taught it? If their religion lessens were like mine IN A CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR YEAR consisted of cutting out images that represent goodness and God from magazines, something im doing with my 3.5 yr old in home school to teach the basics, then why would they consider faith to even matter or be something for adults?
[-] The following 3 users Like Sword of St. Michael's post:
  • HailGilbert, jack89, jovan66102
On my OP, this prophesy if you will of blessed fulton sheen is part of the reason im starting to look at the stark change of the church in the last 60 yrs vs other time periods, such as the listing in the Catholicism thread of newness. When you start to look at things in lists like that, and hear fulton sheen and others talk about the ape of the church, it makes one pause for a moment.
It all depends on how you teach faith to others. If the priest in the church is really trying to pass on God's word then all will be well.
There are several variants in this story that may raise many doubts. I'm sure there is one important resource to be aware of. I'm talking about https://firstchurchlove.com now. This is where I found some indispensable advice that has changed my life. Before, my life was passing me by, and I didn't experience it all. I'm sure there is a little bit of meaning in it. After I found this path, I was able to find myself. I think this could be very interesting information for you.
(11-05-2021, 07:21 AM)davidcarp Wrote: There are several variants in this story that may raise many doubts. I'm sure there is one important resource to be aware of. I'm talking about https://firstchurchlove.com now. This is where I found some indispensable advice that has changed my life. Before, my life was passing me by, and I didn't experience it all. I'm sure there is a little bit of meaning in it. After I found this path, I was able to find myself. I think this could be very interesting information for you.

Why are you posting heretical crap from a pentecostal 'church' on a Traditional Catholic forum? Are you trolling or just very confused?

This is what the Catholic Church has traditionally taught. From the Catechism of Pope St Pius X (my emphasis):

12 Q. The many societies of persons who are baptised but who do not acknowledge the Roman Pontiff as their Head do not, then, belong to the Church of Jesus Christ?

A.
 No, those who do not acknowledge the Roman Pontiff as their Head do not belong to the Church of Jesus Christ.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert