Ape of the Church?
Quote:The False prophet will have a religion without a cross. A religion without a world to come

And this clearly is secularism, or even LWW-ism.

Let's compare secularism and how it apes Catholicism.

Catholicism: Sacrament of Confession. You confess your sins in private. You have your sins forgiven. You face no condemnation

Secularism: Jerry Springer show. You confess your sins in public. Your sins are not forgiven. In fact, you gain more condemnation.

Catholicism: Sacrament of Matrimony. No divorce and remarriage. One man one woman, for life.

Secularism: Civil marriage with easy way to get divorced. Doesn't have to be for life. Now add in the Same sex "marriage" and all the various perversions thereof.

Catholicism: Papal infallibility.

Secularism: Scientific infallibility (Scientism) - just try questioning Dr. Fauci in the pandemic and see what happens.

I can go on and on. Secularists steal from us, ape us, and then take what they stole and pervert it.

Exactly like this.
--BobCatholic 
(04-22-2021, 12:58 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 12:38 PM)Sword of St. Michael Wrote: That is a very valid point. How often have clergy and layity (myself included by far) stayed silent when there was evil going on around us? Stayed silent about correcting a wrong or even standing up for Christ? A very important thing to keep in mind.

Some years ago, I was a groomsman in a wedding between a Catholic and a non-Catholic that was conducted outside the Church by a layman.

If I were asked to do it again today, I would have to decline.  I'd almost certainly lose a friend in the process.  But we have to do what's right.
Speaking of which, my sister is getting married sometime in the near future, and she is not Catholic, and it is outside the Church. I do not want to go needless to say, but I may have to because no one will be around to watch me if I stay home, and it will very angrily upset my family, and I depend on them just for sustenance. I TRULY do not want to go there, but I may be forced to. IDK what to do. I hope God may find a way to get me out of this predicament.
How old are you?  Why do you need someone to watch you?
(04-22-2021, 03:38 PM)Marmot Wrote: First of all, is the Fulton Sheen quote authentic?
Marmot, my sister is getting married sometime in the future. They are not Catholic nd likely getting married outside the Church. I TRULY do not want to go, but I fear I will have to. It may upset my sister, but I won't be able to stay home and will be compelled to come. I don't know what to do. Pray for me, that I may find a way out of this predicament. : /
(04-25-2021, 03:24 PM)Evangelium Wrote: How old are you?  Why do you need someone to watch you
I am 25. It is not so much that, as...If I say no...my family sill stop taking me to confession, to mass, and basically prevent my ability to practice my faith. The ONLY reason why I have not given up on life and even bother getting up in the morning. Without my ability to practice my faith...I will crumble. I wished they would understand, but I strongly doubt it. On one occasion I was telling my mom what sins she may have to confess when my dad grabbed my arm and warned me not to upset my mom. I have also tried to warn them about foul language, but they do not listen. I do not expect them to understand. I depend on them to take me to Church to go to confession etc.
I don't think there is any issue with your sister marrying outside the Church if neither she nor her fiancé are not Catholic.  I think you should go.
(04-25-2021, 03:26 PM)Anon777 Wrote: Marmot, my sister is getting married sometime in the future. They are not Catholic nd likely getting married outside the Church. I TRULY do not want to go, but I fear I will have to. It may upset my sister, but I won't be able to stay home and will be compelled to come. I don't know what to do. Pray for me, that I may find a way out of this predicament. : /
I have prayed for you. Is there a particular reason you do not want to attend the wedding? It is lawful to go to the weddings of non-Catholics, I have done it several times. An exception would be a "wedding" of someone already married. That I wouldn't attend.
Evangelium Wrote:I don't think there is any issue with your sister marrying outside the Church if neither she nor her fiancé are not Catholic.  I think you should go.

I meant to type "if neither she nor her fiancé are Catholic."

VoxClamantis, please restore the edit buttons!
[-] The following 3 users Like Evangelium's post:
  • Anon777, jovan66102, PilgrimMichelangelo
(04-25-2021, 03:57 PM)Evangelium Wrote: I don't think there is any issue with your sister marrying outside the Church if neither she nor her fiancé are not Catholic.  I think you should go.
Oh Okay. I do not want to offend God. On the topic of the New mass, my first experience at the NO was also my first mass as one interested in converting, I may have told you this, but I was having the worst headache in years, it was actually agonizing even, and when I was that mass...it felt like something was attached to me...and it DID NOT like me being there. It was like a wart being cauterized. I have not experienced anything like it since. I do not think the NO has anything on the TLM, in terms of reverence, piety, music etc. But in my short experience it is valid simply because of the eucharist. I think if you go to the NO with a lot of prudence and you know what you are doing, it is valid. That said, the TLM is FAR superior, though I have yet to try it. At least at my NO they let me receive on the tongue, and the young woman that does the singing sings pretty well, and I noticed she wears a veil. I have seen her a few times when I go to confession. IDK
(04-25-2021, 04:03 PM)Marmot Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 03:26 PM)Anon777 Wrote: Marmot, my sister is getting married sometime in the future. They are not Catholic nd likely getting married outside the Church. I TRULY do not want to go, but I fear I will have to. It may upset my sister, but I won't be able to stay home and will be compelled to come. I don't know what to do. Pray for me, that I may find a way out of this predicament. : /
I have prayed for you. Is there a particular reason you do not want to attend the wedding? It is lawful to go to the weddings of non-Catholics, I have done it several times. An exception would be a "wedding" of someone already married. That I wouldn't attend.
I was not aware that I could go to those weddings. I am not as well versed in marriage laws as others, in part...I do not expect to  ever get married tbh. I am not very...worldly, and have never dated or asked anyone out. The one time a girl ever hit on me was when I was at Old Orchard beach when I was 16. 2 girls my age were passing me and my brother by trying to  get our attention and failed. See we were digging a BIG hole and we were so focused that we ignored our surroundings. so one of these girls jumps in and stood no joke less than a foot behind us.

We STILL did not notice.

They saw my mom and her friends looking and were like "what's the deal?" 

I have never picked up on girls hitting on me. I never notice. Nor do I understand women or men. Basicallly people mystify me and I may as well be reading about milking cats and dogs.