What decade were you born?
(04-27-2021, 01:47 PM)Marmot Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 12:58 PM)Melkite Wrote: Born in the 80's, conceived in the 70's, screaming in the back room, waiting for the big boom.
You are either born in 1980 or an elephant.

I think you need a biology lesson. LOL! If he were born in the first few months of 1980, he would have had to have been conceived in the 1970s.

Oh, and I'm one of the oldsters, born in 1947.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(04-27-2021, 04:00 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I think you need a biology lesson. LOL! If he were born in the first few months of 1980, he would have had to have been conceived in the 1970s.
Yes...that's why I said "You are either born in 1980 or an elephant". I saw two possible cases consistent with what he said:

1) He is a human being, conceived in 1979, born in 1980.
2) He is an elephant, conceived in 1979, born in 1981.

Although there are two other possible explanations, now that I think of it:

3) He is an elephant, conceived in 1978, born in 1980.
4) He is an elephant, conceived in 1979, born in 1980.

EDIT: Although I do admit I need a biology lesson. My wife keeps telling me this. I once asked her the question, in all seriousness, whether pregnancy tests give valid results while a woman has her period.
[-] The following 3 users Like Marmot's post:
  • J Michael, jovan66102, Zedta
(04-27-2021, 04:12 PM)Marmot Wrote: EDIT: Although I do admit I need a biology lesson. My wife keeps telling me this. I once asked her the question, in all seriousness, whether pregnancy tests give valid results while a woman has her period.

And?! Don't keep us hanging!
[-] The following 3 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • J Michael, jovan66102, Zedta
2000's
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
(04-27-2021, 04:32 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: And?!  Don't keep us hanging!
I don't think the scientists have answered that question yet. I'm sure my wife laughed because she thought "how could I possibly know that?".
(04-27-2021, 04:41 PM)Marmot Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 04:32 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: And?!  Don't keep us hanging!
I don't think the scientists have answered that question yet. I'm sure my wife laughed because she thought "how could I possibly know that?".

Scientists may never know the answer.  Wives, on the other hand......
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
Early 90s. Why I feel so old?

I was born before the internet was a household commodity. I remember when the first iPhone came out. Honestly, save for this forum, the world was much better without either.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 4 users Like SacraCor714's post:
  • J Michael, LionHippo, SeeTheLight, Zedta
Early 80's more specifically '81.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
Late 70s. Specifically, the latest 70.
Da '60s, man... a couple of weeks before JFK was assassinated.  Needless to say, my post-Baptism party was a real downer (so I was later told).