Objections to Sedevacantism?
Noah, this is a good web site for you to explore:  http://www.trueorfalsepope.com
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
MacPasquale Wrote:
Clare Brigid Wrote:Their love for argumentation is the problem.  Arguing with them gives them oxygen.  I choose not to do that.  I will continue simply to warn sedevacantists of schism.
What about the sedevacantists who have no interest in arguing and are simply trying to make sense of what's going on in the Church?  

These people may see the refusal to engage in honest discussion as further evidence that the sedevacantist position is correct.  On top of that, an accusation of schism(which in the Trad world may as well be a middle finger) can harden them in their position.  If you toss that accusation out you need to be able to back it up for sake of the person(s) you're accusing.

Back it up?  Okay, here goes.  Francis is pope.  Sedevacantists refuse submission to him.  Schism is the refusal of submission to the Supreme Pontiff.  Therefore, sedevacantists are in schism.  QED.
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
[-] The following 2 users Like Clare Brigid's post:
  • LionHippo, ServusDei
(05-07-2021, 02:02 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: Back it up?  Okay, here goes.  Francis is pope.  Sedevacantists refuse submission to him.  Schism is the refusal of submission to the Supreme Pontiff.  Therefore, sedevacantists are in schism.  QED.
RDRR
My word choices are based on sound, not meaning.

Yes, that defeats the purpose of language.