Disgusting Shapiro & Co Demand Taxing the Poor
These guys seriously think that they are going to win on a policy of "Let's Raise Taxes on the Poor!"

The saddest part is while I can understand Shaprio and Klaven (both being Jews), Walsh and Knowles are supposedly Catholic.  Well perhaps they should put down Ayn Rand and rabbi Shapiro's little books and pick up a copy of Rerum Novarum or Quadragesimo Anno, or even Centesimus Annus.  Depriving the poor of what little they have because you who are living high off of the fat of the hog are angry and envious that the poor who rely on hooves and maws, because you have to part some of your bacon and share it with the poor (which is essentially the argument they are making.  "It's not fair that the poor and lower middle class pay a negative net income tax, and I pay a positive"), is unjust and immoral.

Then they proceed to regurgitate the long debunked notion that the super-ultra rich create all the jobs.  Well we have had decades of low taxes on the ultra-rich going back to George W Bush and our problems have not improved.  Instead we all have to suffer the effects of inflation thanks to years of reckless spending under Bush, Obama, Trump, and now Biden.  It doesn't affect any of these guys puffing on their cigars in their designer clothes, but it affects the poor greatly.

Also Ben Shapiro claims of being "middle class" is just a disgusting bald-faced lie Idk how anyone could continue listening to this fraud.  He grew up in LA, went to Jewish prep schools, graduated from Harvard, was syndicated at 17 and had 2 books done by 21, and marries a doctor....that's not Middle Class Benny-boy.

If they don't like it...then they can all chuck off to Israel that has a 50% tax rate and 32% Capital Gains tax and a VAT tax on top of that.

I'd rather vote for Joe Biden than these heartless buttholes.

[-] The following 4 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • ActusFidei313, HailGilbert, MacPasquale, SacraCor714
Maybe this is neither here not there, but I've been suspicious of Knowles and personalities like him from the get go.  It really does seem like he's putting on a Trad appearance to spread the true gospel of neo-liberalism.  

Maybe there's no substance to this, but it just seems off.

Yay, the edit function worked!
[-] The following 2 users Like MacPasquale's post:
  • austenbosten, jovan66102
(05-03-2021, 09:19 AM)MacPasquale Wrote: Maybe this is neither here not there, but I've been suspicious of Knowles and personalities like him from the get go.  It really does seem like he's putting on a Trad appearance to spread the true gospel of neo-liberalism.  

Yay,  the edit function worked!

Yeah it's something that I find off-putting. It's basically a re-branding of the Bill Buckley Jr. A Catholic who believes in the heresy of Separation of Church and State and so in his Cartesian mind, he separates his politics from his religion and promotes wickedness all the while claiming to be a good Catholic.

Joe Biden does the same thing.
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • jovan66102, SacraCor714
(05-03-2021, 09:26 AM)austenbosten Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 09:19 AM)MacPasquale Wrote: Maybe this is neither here not there, but I've been suspicious of Knowles and personalities like him from the get go.  It really does seem like he's putting on a Trad appearance to spread the true gospel of neo-liberalism.  

Yay,  the edit function worked!

Yeah it's something that I find off-putting.  It's basically a re-branding of the Bill Buckley Jr.  A Catholic who believes in the heresy of Separation of Church and State and so in his Cartesian mind, he separates his politics from his religion and promotes wickedness all the while claiming to be a good Catholic.

Joe Biden does the same thing.

It's not my intention to derail the thread, but why is the separation of Church and State a heresy?
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • jovan66102
(05-03-2021, 09:50 AM)J Michael Wrote: It's not my intention to derail the thread, but why is the separation of Church and State a heresy?
Syllabus Errorum #55 Wrote:The Church ought to be separated from the State, and the State from the Church.
[-] The following 2 users Like Marmot's post:
  • austenbosten, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
(05-03-2021, 09:04 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Also Ben Shapiro claims of being "middle class" is just a disgusting bald-faced lie Idk how anyone could continue listening to this fraud.  He grew up in LA, went to Jewish prep schools, graduated from Harvard, was syndicated at 17 and had 2 books done by 21, and marries a doctor....that's not Middle Class Benny-boy.

Technically, he is. A middle-class person receives part of his income from investments and part of his income from work. A working-class person receives all of his income from work. An upper-class person performs no work and receives all of his income from investments. We've confused "middle income" and "middle class" in the English-speaking world.

The distinction between earning by labor and earning by investment (or rent), in some ways, is more significant than the dollar amount earned because the method of earning influences a person's thinking. The worker thinks about investing in his skills and putting in overtime. The owner thinks about acquiring additional customers, making more sales, and reducing his costs. It's much easier for two owners to have a conversation about business, even if one of them makes 100x as much as the other, than it is for an owner and a worker to have a conversation about business.

A Subway franchisee who earns $20,000 per year from a Subway franchise where he never puts in a single hour is "upper class". A doctor who earns $700,000 performing spinal surgery (but who is profligate and doesn't invest a penny of it) is "working class".

(05-03-2021, 09:50 AM)J Michael Wrote: It's not my intention to derail the thread, but why is the separation of Church and State a heresy?

The Church is superior to the State. "Separation of Church and State" diminishes its authority and makes it subservient to an agnostic state that allows false religions to flourish.
[-] The following 3 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • jovan66102, PilgrimMichelangelo, SacraCor714
I just learned I am working class!
[-] The following 2 users Like Marmot's post:
  • austenbosten, PilgrimMichelangelo
(05-03-2021, 11:01 AM)Marmot Wrote: I just learned I am working class!
Me too!
It's not a bad place to be.

Although if you have retirement investments via a 401(k), IRA, or similar vehicle, you are technically middle class.
(05-03-2021, 11:25 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: It's not a bad place to be.

Although if you have retirement investments via a 401(k), IRA, or similar vehicle, you are technically middle class.

Yes, but I think there's a big difference between Middle Class, who has a 401k and drives used cars and gets by...and a Middle Class that makes hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, has an Ivy League degree, book deals, and overall alternate streams of income.

To think that I'm in the same strata as Ben Shapiro, even Ben from 10 years ago, is a complete farce.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • SacraCor714