Florida Gov. DeSantis Suspends Local COVID-19 Emergency Orders, Bans Vaccine Passport
Thank you Governor DeSantis indeed!!!

Article Wrote:theepochtimes.com

Florida Gov. DeSantis Suspends Local COVID-19 Emergency Orders, Bans Vaccine Passports
By Jack Phillips

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed a bill banning COVID-19 vaccine passports and also announced an executive order that suspends all local pandemic emergency mandates effective July 1.

DeSantis signed Senate Bill 2006, passed by Florida state lawmakers last month granting DeSantis the ability to override local emergency orders. The bill also includes a ban on vaccine passports that would levy fines of $5,000 per violation.

“I’m going to sign the bill. It’s effective July 1. I’ll also sign an executive order pursuant to that bill invalidating all remaining local emergency COVID orders effective on July 1,” the Republican governor said in a news conference in St. Petersburg on Monday. “But then, to bridge the gap between then and now, I’m going to suspend, under my executive power, the local emergency orders as it relates to COVID.”

Describing his executive orders as the “evidence-based thing to do,” DeSantis said that proponents of lockdowns “really are saying you don’t believe in the vaccines, you don’t believe in the data, you don’t believe in the science.” He added: “We’ve embraced the vaccines. We’ve embraced the science on it.”

The order suspending local emergency mandates only affects governments, not businesses.

“In terms of what a supermarket or some of them choose to do, a Disney theme park, this does not deal with that one way or another,” DeSantis said. “It’s simply emergency orders and emergency penalties on individual businesses.”

DeSantis has been a vocal opponent of so-called vaccine passports, saying they would create two classes of vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.

“You have a right to participate in society, go to a restaurant, movie, a ballgame, all these things without having to divulge this type of information,” DeSantis said on Monday.

Last week, DeSantis issued an extension for Florida’s state of emergency order for another 60 days.

New York state and some municipalities in California have embraced passport-like systems for sporting events, concerts, and other events. Some European countries and Israel have proposed nationwide passport systems, while Canadian officials have indicated they will institute a vaccine passport program for Canadians planning to leave the country.

“Absolutely,” Canadian Health Minister Patty Hajdu told the CBC in response to a question about such a system being implemented. “First of all, Canadians need to be able to have the right kind of certification for international travel.”

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and other groups have criticized vaccine passport-type systems, saying they would be potentially invasive of individuals’ privacy and would restrict individuals who don’t have smartphones that can display an app showing whether they’re vaccinated or not.

COVID-19 is the illness caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 6 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Ad Jesum Per Mariam, CatholicMamato5, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, Eric F, HailGilbert, J Michael
Gotta love it when a politician makes good promises and then keeps them!  Good job, DeSantis!!!

As for Canada, mentioned near the end of the article....it's lost.  We're avid hockey fans and the latest news that relates to this is that Canada will NOT allow American teams to come in for the play-offs, should any Canadian teams make it.  Therefore, if a Canadian team gets into the play-offs, they're going to have to come to the US, find a city to play in and stay there for the duration, just in order to participate.  How stupid is that??
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan
[-] The following 5 users Like J Michael's post:
  • Anon777, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, Eric F, HailGilbert, Zedta
Just another reason to join the rest of here in Florida! Only sad part is that schools are excluded and can still require masks. So far I know Palm Beach county is keeping their mandate. Feel bad for the children.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DNJC.org's post:
  • J Michael
Is Palm Beach County run by Dems?  Or at least the school board there?
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan
(05-03-2021, 04:10 PM)J Michael Wrote: We're avid hockey fans and the latest news that relates to this is that Canada will NOT allow American teams to come in for the play-offs, should any Canadian teams make it.  Therefore, if a Canadian team gets into the play-offs, they're going to have to come to the US, find a city to play in and stay there for the duration, just in order to participate.  How stupid is that??

Well, they already scrambled the teams into four divisions, one in Canada and three in the US. That's what happens after the (Canadian) National Hockey League expanded into the US and the Americans ended up taking over.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(05-04-2021, 11:02 PM)J Michael Wrote: Is Palm Beach County run by Dems?  Or at least the school board there?

Per voter registration, as of May 1, 2020:

Democratic  41.89%

Republican  28.65%
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 2 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • J Michael, Zedta
(05-04-2021, 11:42 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 11:02 PM)J Michael Wrote: Is Palm Beach County run by Dems?  Or at least the school board there?

Per voter registration, as of May 1, 2020:

Democratic  41.89%

Republican  28.65%
Ya, here in Florida, we have a lot of 'sayins. One of them is, the farther north you go in Florida, the farther south you get.

We like to say, at least we could once say, that we keep all the New York, New Jersey and other leftists, bottled up in Ft. Yankeedale and Miami (Dade, Brevard and Palm Beach Counties). Its getting a bit crowded there so we're seeing them migrate a bit more north. Orlando and Tampa have begun to be overrun with them, but as a whole, we in Florida, are quite conservative.

Another saying: We do things differently down here. Oh, one more: Sign on a cash register: "If I have to listen to how much better, how much less or how much you miss the north, I'll have to pack on a yankee fee to your purchase."
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael