Conditional Baptism/Confirmation
Anyone know of any traditional priests in Ohio, or surrounding states, that readily conditionally baptize? It's a long story but I believe I have a legitimate reason to request one and it's hard to find a priest to take me seriously. Any help is greatly appreciated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newcatholic22385's post:
  • ServusDei
(05-03-2021, 07:00 PM)newcatholic22385 Wrote: Anyone know of any traditional priests in Ohio, or surrounding states, that readily conditionally baptize? It's a long story but I believe I have a legitimate reason to request one and it's hard to find a priest to take me seriously. Any help is greatly appreciated.

latinmassdir.org

Look for a parish that has the TLM every Sunday.  At a parish with the TLM, you're more likely to find a priest who believes that the Sacraments (1) actually do something and (2) are necessary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • ServusDei
(05-03-2021, 07:24 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 07:00 PM)newcatholic22385 Wrote: Anyone know of any traditional priests in Ohio, or surrounding states, that readily conditionally baptize? It's a long story but I believe I have a legitimate reason to request one and it's hard to find a priest to take me seriously. Any help is greatly appreciated.

latinmassdir.org

Look for a parish that has the TLM every Sunday.  At a parish with the TLM, you're more likely to find a priest who believes that the Sacraments (1) actually do something and (2) are necessary.
Thank you so much. I can't help but laugh at how true you're statement is, though. The Sacraments are really just treated today as tokens of acceptance to make people feel like they belong. I used to be anti-Catholic and as you probably know, a lot of converts go straight to traditional Catholicism, so while I have no room to talk as such a new Catholic, I weep on the inside at how no one seems to take the Sacraments seriously.
Well be prepared to not be conditionally baptized if your baptism is found to be valid.

Just curious how were you baptized you that you find dubious?
(05-03-2021, 07:43 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Well be prepared to not be conditionally baptized if your baptism is found to be valid.

Just curious how were you baptized you that you find dubious?
Well obviously yeah. Not sure if the water ever touches my skin (baptized protestant). Like legitimately not sure. And cannot get a solid answer on whether it needs to or not. Would rather be safe than sorry.

Here's another map - this one is of FSSP parishes where you can find a priest who knows what you are talking about.
https://fssp.com/locations/
(05-03-2021, 08:18 PM)Matas Wrote:

Here's another map - this one is of FSSP parishes where you can find a priest who knows what you are talking about.
https://fssp.com/locations/
Great, thank you. I've actually emailed a few of them around me and haven't gotten a response so hopefully i will soon.
I wasn't able to get conditional baptism even within the Ecclesia Dei communities. I had to go to an SSPX priest. This was several years after my conversion.
(05-04-2021, 05:34 AM)Marmot Wrote: I wasn't able to get conditional baptism even within the Ecclesia Dei communities. I had to go to an SSPX priest. This was several years after my conversion.
Good to know, thank you. I am trying to avoid this because I just hear mixed things about the SSPX not being in full communion (not trying to start anything with anyone reading this, just stating where I'm at right now), but I am afraid it may come to this. If you don't mind my asking, after your conditional baptism with them, what did you do about Confirmation, like did you receive a conditional Confirmation? I know the SSPX only do confirmations with bishops and I didn't think they had any in the US (assuming you are in the US). Any answers you give are greatly appreciated.
(05-04-2021, 05:34 AM)Marmot Wrote: I wasn't able to get conditional baptism even within the Ecclesia Dei communities. I had to go to an SSPX priest. This was several years after my conversion.
And I'm sorry, if you don't mind my asking, did you convert to the SSPX after this? Or did the SSPX priest and/or bishop make you like disavow VII or any of the recent popes or anything like that? I'm so new to all of this, I don't really know the differences to all of this; forgive my ignorance.