San Francisco archbishop examines abortion, Communion in pastoral letter
I believe this is Pelosi's Archbishop finally taking a stand for life. Too little to late? While I'm glad the letter was sent out I feel it should've been much more targeted at the politicians who claim to be Catholic but blatantly ignore the right to life and act like everything is on the up and up.

Catholic News Agency Article

May 1st, 2021
Quote:SAN FRANCISCO (CNS) — A pastoral letter issued May 1 by San Francisco Archbishop Salvatore J. Cordileone focuses on the unborn, Communion and Catholics in public life.

It emphasizes that “those who reject the teaching of the church on the sanctity of human life and those who do not seek to live in accordance with that teaching should not receive the Eucharist."

The archbishop’s pastoral letter, the first he has issued, is called: “Before I Formed You in the Womb I Knew You: A Pastoral Letter on the Human Dignity of the Unborn, Holy Communion and Catholics in Public Life.”

He publicly announced the letter in the homily of the 8 a.m. monthly Mass for Life at the Cathedral of St. Mary of the Assumption May 1. After Mass, many members of the congregation prayed the rosary while walking to the Planned Parenthood clinic four blocks away, where they planned to continue praying.

“Abortion is the ax laid to the roots of the tree of human rights … Without protection of the right to life, no other talk of rights makes sense,” the archbishop wrote in the teaching document to the priests and laity of the archdiocese.

He also spoke directly to pregnant women and those who have had abortions, writing: “God loves you. We love you.”
He emphasized that Catholic teaching on who is morally responsible for abortion is very clear.
“Those who kill or assist in killing the child (even if personally opposed to abortion), those who pressure or encourage the mother to have an abortion, who pay for it, who provide financial assistance to organizations to provide abortions, or who support candidates or legislation for the purpose of making abortion a more readily available ‘choice’ are all cooperating with a very serious evil,” the archbishop wrote.

Archbishop Cordileone stressed that reverence for Communion is at the heart of his concern and quoted St. Justin Martyr’s words in the second century: “No one may share the Eucharist with us unless he believes what we teach is true; unless he is washed in the regenerating waters of baptism for the remission of his sins, and unless he lives in accordance with the principles given us by Christ.”
He then applied these same requirements to the topic of abortion, saying those who reject church teaching on the sanctity of human life and do not seek to live in accordance with church teaching in that area “should not receive the Eucharist.”
The archbishop spoke directly to Catholics in public life on this topic, urging them to “please stop pretending that advocating for or practicing a grave moral evil — one that snuffs out an innocent human life, one that denies a fundamental human right — is somehow compatible with the Catholic faith. It is not. “

“Please return home to the fullness of your Catholic faith. We await you with open arms to welcome you back,” he added.
The archbishop’s letter is available online at https://sfarch.org/inthewomb.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
E x c o m m u n i c a t e    H e r
Weep no more, Most Sorrowful Mother, for I am here. I have not wallowed in my sin any longer, for I have returned to you and your Son. Please do not cry anymore for my once cold heart; I have found your Immaculate One to guide me.
[-] The following 2 users Like Memories_in_Rain's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael
I recently had this discussion with a priest I know.
My take was that he and his brother priests and all of the hierarchy needed to call down the thunder, better late than never.
His position is that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
He was rather offended when I mentioned that we've had at least  2 generations of honey and look at the result. The list of destruction would require a book of its own. 
The vinegar may be a little sour but the honey, while delicious, is poisonous and the honey carriers feed it to others.
I've learned this the hard way in my own life.
[-] The following 4 users Like Water1965's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, HailGilbert, J Michael, jovan66102
(05-04-2021, 09:39 AM)Water1965 Wrote: He was rather offended when I mentioned that we've had at least  2 generations of honey and look at the result.

He was there!  It wasn't Vatican 2 that pushed abortion!
[-] The following 4 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • J Michael, jovan66102, Marmot, Water1965
(05-04-2021, 06:16 AM)SeeTheLight Wrote: I believe this is Pelosi's Archbishop finally taking a stand for life. Too little to late? While I'm glad the letter was sent out I feel it should've been much more targeted at the politicians who claim to be Catholic but blatantly ignore the right to life and act like everything is on the up and up.

A small correction. The article is actually from the Catholic News SERVICE, not CNA. CNS is the propaganda arm of the USCCB. CNS is owned by EWTN if I remember correctly. Not that it makes much difference in the context of this article, but it's always good to know who's publishing things..
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(05-04-2021, 06:03 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 06:16 AM)SeeTheLight Wrote: I believe this is Pelosi's Archbishop finally taking a stand for life. Too little to late? While I'm glad the letter was sent out I feel it should've been much more targeted at the politicians who claim to be Catholic but blatantly ignore the right to life and act like everything is on the up and up.

A small correction. The article is actually from the Catholic News SERVICE, not CNA. CNS is the propaganda arm of the USCCB. CNS is owned by EWTN if I remember correctly. Not that it makes much difference in the context of this article, but it's always good to know who's publishing things..
Thanks Jovan don't know how I missed that lol. No edit button thanks for pointing that out.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
At this point, they are both propaganda arms of the USCCB. (Mother Angelica is rolling...)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Water1965
(05-04-2021, 06:52 PM)SeeTheLight Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 06:03 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

Thanks Jovan don't know how I missed that lol. No edit button thanks for pointing that out.
Don't feel bad! I just noticed, reading your reply, that I duplicated 'CNS'. CNA is owned by EWTN. LOL!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • SeeTheLight
(05-04-2021, 06:53 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: At this point, they are both propaganda arms of the USCCB. (Mother Angelica is rolling...)
It's a shame she didn't have the opportunity to blow it up.