Italian newspaper today " Ratzinger’s unequivocal text: “I have not abdicated”.
(05-06-2021, 12:33 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 08:42 PM)Memories_in_Rain Wrote: c. Adding the name of St. Joseph to the thousands-of-years-old-and-preserved Roman Canon

Sorry, but you can't blame that one on him. He was still just plain Father Ratzinger on 13 November 1962 when John XXIIII added St Joseph's name to the Roman Canon. I used to have an old Altar Missal that hadn't been used since the promulgation of the NO. St Joseph's name was written in the Canon very neatly in ink.
Did I say I blamed it on him? No, I said that the John XXIII missal has three problems, those I listed, and that Ratzinger’s approving of the 1962 missal and not the pre-1955 one leads to those problems.
“Take my advice and live for a long, long time. Because the maddest thing a man can do in this life is to let himself die.” 

“When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!” 

- Don Quixote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Italian newspaper today " Ratzinger’s unequivocal text: “I have not abdicated”. - by Memories_in_Rain - 05-06-2021, 07:15 AM