Italian newspaper today " Ratzinger’s unequivocal text: “I have not abdicated”.
(05-06-2021, 10:40 AM)LionHippo Wrote: The thing is, if instead of Pope Francis a more "conservative" or "traditionalist" pope were selected, then no trads would question whether Pope Benedict XVI's resignation was valid or not.  It's only after the fact, and not liking Pope Francis and his positions on certain things, that the resignation was seriously questioned.

Seeing that there has never been any effort by the bishops to question B16's resignation and the election of Pope Francis, the logical and most Catholic conclusion is that Pope Francis is indeed the pope.

That has always been my argument since day one. Vatican II apologists claim a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy, but the reality is there were great concerns around the time of the Second Vatican Council from Lefevbre to Fenton, but this conspiracy of Benedict still being the pope...no one, not even Ann Barnhardt questioned the abdication at the time. It was only after Francis made his first whopper that people started formulating these theories.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • LionHippo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Italian newspaper today " Ratzinger’s unequivocal text: “I have not abdicated”. - by austenbosten - 05-06-2021, 10:52 AM