What's the most disgusting thing you've ever eaten?
Just for fun, what is the grossest thing you've ever had to eat, or eaten unintentionally? 

For me, it would be tripe (the mexicans call it menudo I think), which is cow's stomach that has been bleached and boiled in tomato sauce. It smells like vomit. My dad tricked me into eating it when I was a kid and wouldn't tell me what it was until I had already swallowed some. 

Additionally, the worst thing I ever drank was some coffee that was served to my husband and I at a hole-in-the-wall diner we visited while on our honeymoon in South Dakota. It tasted like brown soapy water. I'm not even kidding. We both took one sip, left a few bills on the table, and walked out without saying anything until we got to our truck, where we both busted out laughing.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
(05-04-2021, 06:56 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Just for fun, what is the grossest thing you've ever had to eat, or eaten unintentionally? 

For me, it would be tripe (the mexicans call it menudo I think), which is cow's stomach that has been bleached and boiled in tomato sauce. It smells like vomit. My dad tricked me into eating it when I was a kid and wouldn't tell me what it was until I had already swallowed some. 

Additionally, the worst thing I ever drank was some coffee that was served to my husband and I at a hole-in-the-wall diner we visited while on our honeymoon in South Dakota. It tasted like brown soapy water. I'm not even kidding. We both took one sip, left a few bills on the table, and walked out without saying anything until we got to our truck, where we both busted out laughing.

On a dare, my father-in-law got me to eat Limburger Cheese. It burned my eyes and scared my nasal passages for life.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • J Michael
I think Cool Whip is probably the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten.

I actually enjoy organ meat and stinky cheese.
(05-04-2021, 06:56 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Just for fun, what is the grossest thing you've ever had to eat, or eaten unintentionally? 

This:
[Image: 66cc14dd-4a50-4a4f-8f5a-0a5cb37f3e63_2.7...ded93.jpeg]
https://historyofnewengland.blogspot.com/?m=1
"This guy gets it." Fan mail I've received.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • Little Fish
Raw oysters.  Like trying to eat someone else's snot.  Couldn't bring myself to swallow and had to spit 'em out.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, SacraCor714
My girlfriend thinks it's disgusting that I like Sushi and Octopus, but in my opinion I won't eat things I find disgusting.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael
(05-04-2021, 07:22 PM)J Michael Wrote: Raw oysters.  Like trying to eat someone else's snot.  Couldn't bring myself to swallow and had to spit 'em out.

Did you try putting hot sauce on them?  It doesn't affect the texture even slightly, but at least it has hot sauce on it.
[-] The following 2 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Melkite, SeeTheLight
Head cheese, ground skull and all.
[-] The following 5 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, Eric F, J Michael, Little Fish, SacraCor714
"pizza" at Seaworld down in San Antonio in 2012. It was still frozen, and I got food poisoning from it. D:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Anon777's post:
  • SacraCor714
(05-04-2021, 07:43 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 07:22 PM)J Michael Wrote: Raw oysters.  Like trying to eat someone else's snot.  Couldn't bring myself to swallow and had to spit 'em out.

Did you try putting hot sauce on them?  It doesn't affect the texture even slightly, but at least it has hot sauce on it.
Hot snot?  Yum.. Just the ticket.  I'd rather just drink the hot sauce.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • SacraCor714