Tomorrow is Corpus Christi!
[Image: 27.jpg]
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 7 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Ambrosiano, AnaCarolina1, Clare Brigid, Credidi Propter, JacafamalaRedux, Matas, wxboss
[Image: 268ba45cbfa2800b6fa4d406aa6910e0.jpg]

"I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever; the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world."       

John 6:51

Dear Friends in Christ our King,

June is the month devoted to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.  This beautiful devotion is a great mystery, and it can perhaps be misunderstood or at least not fully appreciated. 
Consider for a moment what we are saying: if Jesus is truly God, then we are saying God has a true Heart!  Moreover, if Jesus is truly human, then this Heart is a true human Heart that beats just like ours!  We believe of course that Jesus Christ is true God and true man (this is the mystery of the redemptive Incarnation known as the hypostatic union).  We adore Jesus as God, and therefore His true Heart is the very Heart of God!  O magnum mysterium fidei, O what a great mystery of Faith!

The Feast of the Sacred Heart is on Friday, June 11 this year, but there is another feast on Thursday, June 3 that helps us to understand the depths of the love of Jesus for each one of us even more.  It is the Feast of Corpus Christi, the Holy Eucharist!

Not only does God love you so much that He would become a man (without ever ceasing to be God!) to love you with the same kind of heart as yours but full of the infinite love of God, but He desired to make that same Heart become the very food of your soul so that your two hearts could be made one, giving your human heart His own Divine Love.  O quam mysterium caritatis, O what a mystery of Love!

The Most Holy Eucharist is the very Heart of Jesus made present for us to adore, to praise, to love, and to consume, in order that we would be consumed into the love of the eternal and Triune God.  This mystery of the Most Blessed Sacrament has been allegorically depicted throughout history in beautiful works of art, which present to our imaginations a sort of illustration of these mysteries to help our contemplation and prayer.  However, these paintings themselves are the fruit of a culture of faith, centered on the Real Presence of our Divine Lord Jesus in the Tabernacle.

If we wish to restore Catholic life and culture (which are beautiful fruits of the Church), it will be by restoring the Catholic faith in the hearts of all men.  This must begin with our own heart, united to the Sacred Heart of Jesus in the Eucharist.    

This June, let us adore the Heart of Jesus our God in the Most Blessed Sacrament, asking Him humbly to enflame our poor hearts with the riches of His Charity, so that we may indeed yield the fruits of that Divine Love in due season, sharing them with all we meet.

Assuring you of my continued prayers in the presence of the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus each day, I remain, 

Yours faithfully in Christ our King,

Rev. Canon Matthew Talarico
U.S. Provincial Superior

[img=190x0]https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/pkal2E_YAou94Xxv800BhZ7cnLPVzO3HQ1wTX_NuoifbcEU0hJQNfL2oViB-M1XzOlNTukKs2l8A6UIWLXbulaBOPDBQRc7J07Q7H9ybXg78iwC0TPJN3qzig5wj86U=s0-d-e1-ft#https://d6iyrqjd26xke.cloudfront.net/canontaralicoprovincialphoto11/full.jpg[/img]

A Pentecost to Remembe

[url=http://email-mg.flocknote.com/c/eJxVjjsOhCAUAE8jneTxQD4FhcnGeyCiEhU2gM2eft1yk-lmilmsYhyVINEiIAMJjBlABMroaPSktDQCXlxrlJ2A9cz-SLkF6vNFdju7dZjVwBwuXsjVMzlrocwQnAHgQpHT7q29a8fHDqeHmGqL7W6h93uJtfVHTBvNZXtcCTXfxYf619WWSyDFupRc-tyneja2y8Xzt_AFF9I7TA][/url]
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
[-] The following 1 user Likes wxboss's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
I doubt this was a Corpus Christ Procession, but the reaction of the commies (note their 'Left Action' T-shirts) is priceless!

Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Matas, Memories_in_Rain, Water1965
All honor and praise to Our Lord Jesus Christ, 
King and power of Glory!