Such a joy today
I read my 2 year old a story about St. Joan of Arc. She pointed to her full suit of armor and said "jammies."
[-] The following 2 users Like TroubledGuest's post:
  • Byzantine2022, friendly.neighborhood.papist
I had joy in attending Mass today and spending the day with my family. The weather got really nice today (although many around me would beg to differ since I love the heat lol), I have a chance to read Scripture (Douay-Rheims) which I will do in a few minutes when I sign off, and I spoke on the phone with my Grandpa.

I hope everyone else had a blessed day.
[-] The following 3 users Like Billm1720's post:
  • Byzantine2022, friendly.neighborhood.papist, Grandma
I was making a repair on a dryer yesterday and the nice lady made me some coffee and gave me a tip when I was done, which is unusual for a maintenance guy. Later me and the wife got Mexican food for dinner and I roughhoused with the little ones. A good Saturday indeed :)
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread till thou return to the earth, out of which thou wast taken: for dust thou art, and into dust thou shalt return. Genesis 3:19
[-] The following 2 users Like friendly.neighborhood.papist's post:
  • Billm1720, TroubledGuest
(05-15-2022, 07:34 PM)friendly.neighborhood.papist Wrote: I was making a repair on a dryer yesterday and the nice lady made me some coffee and gave me a tip when I was done, which is unusual for a maintenance guy. Later me and the wife got Mexican food for dinner and I roughhoused with the little ones. A good Saturday indeed :)
That sounds great! I’m sorry to hear most people don’t do that for maintenance guys. I deal with the public too since I work part-time as a cashier. It really does make things so much more pleasant when people are nicer.

I haven’t had Mexican food in a while but I have been meaning to get some. My Aunt is Mexican and she sent us some cookies from Mexico, they were great!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Billm1720's post:
  • friendly.neighborhood.papist
Performance last night got an ovation, I was very thankful to God and St. Genesius. A lovely blessing.
“Love is sweeter than life.” -St. Isaac of Syria
[-] The following 1 user Likes Byzantine2022's post:
  • Anon777
I got up at 10 til 5 to light the stove and start the coffee then bent over and give her a kiss and said happy birthday. She said thank you and that she had got her first present, a cramp in her leg.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!