Ghosts
(06-05-2021, 03:56 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 06:53 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Every culture and religion on the planet has stories about ghosts. It's very interesting.  I've had a few encounters, but I do NOT go looking for them.

Give us your spook stories!

I've got one!!

One of the people I used to visit, bringing The Holy Eucharist to him and his wife in my Ministry to the Homebound, was a guy who I became rather close friends with. He was an Italian guy from west Pennsylvania and the other side of his family was big time Mafia. Not Sam and his side of the family. We got into making "Memory Boxes" from 200 year old wood, Cherry, White Oak and later on, we got some Cyprus from a local mill. I got Sam, who was also a Knight, back to the Church and he was seeing our Pastor for confession. His health was always fairly good, but his wife passed away before him. The few months after that we were still mading boxes and seeing each other on Sunday for Communion and Thursdays for box making.

Then was the day I got the frantic phone call from his caregiver that he had passed away, just after returning from the dentist. She said it was quite sudden and like 'a light was turned off'. He was talking, paused and never said anything ever again.

A couple of days after his funeral, the Estate's Executor called me to meet at Sam's place. My son went with me and we were to pick up some of that old wood we used in making boxes.

When we arrived, she told me that some curious things were going on in the house, which was deserted after his daughters cleared out their stuff, so no one had been or broken in the house or had access for a couple of weeks. She said that she always turns off all the lights, but invariably, when she comes over to check on things, the light on the back porch is on.

So, my son and I went through the bedroom and into the patio area, my son first and then I followed. He was all the way in, about 20 feet from me and I was standing about 3 feet in from the bedroom door, when I said, "Hey Sam, is that you? Turn on the lights". Ya, they immediately came on and there was no one within 5 feet of the light switch. I looked at my son and the Executor and said, "Well, I guess Sam's here making sure everything is going has he wants it".

So we all left soon afterward and no one attempted any further contact.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 4 users Like Zedta's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, dahveed, JacafamalaRedux, VoxClamantis
Well I used to hear ticking in the wall and it would travel to by room. At the time my husband was commuting and the kids were in school and I was afraid. 

Anyway a month prior I put a new porch light and it turns out I did not attach a wire and the light was on the same circut as the ticking..

But a real story I can't explain is my two cats (they passed) would state at one place at the corner of a wall. Now my little dog does it too.
Not a ghost story but a dream: I was in a car shop when some guy comes in and asks me to come help him. I get up but he says you'll probably needs your boots, seeing I was barefoot. We went up a mountain trail as I was telling him going barefoot isn't really all that bad. Then as we reached the top he picked up a coin, then another and then one more. He seems pleased especially when we came upon a large gambling table with a guy sitting on the opposite side with one of those sticks. Well my new acquaintance stepped up to the table with his coins (later he informed me that they were Bitcoins:) and made a bet. He won, then won again and I had a feeling he couldn't lose. He then handed me the original three coins and said something about these were markers that the guy with the stick could use to cheat us. I was getting quite an education from this rather large Italian Gentleman as I stood back and watched him rake in the dough.

I did have a experience with something unexplainable once while doing some concrete work, my trowel disappeared. I looked everywhere, several times, totally baffled. Then after I had gave up looking there it was, 3 feet away sitting on a step next to my job.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Blind Horus's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, Zedta
On the topic of ghosts, what are the thoughts on animal ghosts, such as the famous one of I believe washington's cat? Animals dont have souls, so are animal ghost sightings demons taking the form of an earthly animal, or similar to other potential sightings, a snap shot of an event in a sense, such as https://www.fisheaters.com/praeternaturalworld7.html talks about with cases of severe emotions (war, rape, massacre etc), that leaves an imprint if you will of the situation there.
[-] The following 2 users Like Sword of St. Michael's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, Zedta
Animals do have souls.
(06-07-2021, 07:32 PM)Happy Boy Wrote: Animals do have souls.

Yes, they do:  http://www.fisheaters.com/animals.html
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Zedta
(06-07-2021, 07:55 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:

Not in the same sense as a human souls though. If the soul is just pure intellect, ie the functioning part of the animal, the life of it if you, then they do have a natural soul, a generated soul. Since its generated, and natural, upon death it also dies. Humans, our soul is vastly different, it is created by God, and is eternal. Thus with ghosts, a soul of an animal dies upon death, as St. Thomas argues thus what then are animal ghosts?

God could restore it animal souls, however we dont know if that will happen or not, nor if its God's will. The souls of man are geared towards returning to God thus have an eternal destination, the souls of animals are tied to this world, thus a temporary destination.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sword of St. Michael's post:
  • Zedta
(06-07-2021, 07:55 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:

I didn't read the link, but I can recall being told in an old "religion" class in Catholic grade school (ya, some things stick) that animals have souls, but the souls are attached to the earth. Some fade away and some can be 'felt'. They also told us that some animals make it to heaven, like the horse that Our Savior rides at the end of times.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
I saw a spirit one time long ago. I was around 12 or 13 maybe...It was late at night and I was in my bed. It had a hooded monk's robe like St Francis, and I couldn't see it's face; like the Grim Reaper. It stood in my doorway looking at me, but something prevented it from coming into my room. I couldn't move, I mean I could've moved, but wouldn't. It was terrifying. 

The next morning I told my mother and she insisted it was only a dream. I've never seen anything like that since.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
I’m super sensitive to energy. There are only a few places I’ve been in where I immediately desired to leave it. One of them was my fathers house he was renting, the other is my husbands childhood home (his parents and a sibling still live there.)

I wouldn’t say it’s ghosts, but I would say that instances in the home, if it’s not blessed and taken care of with holy water, stick to the walls. I don’t like to tell people I’m sensitive to these things, as they get offended that it’s their house I’m sensitive to, or they just laugh at it and brush it off. Any who.

The first night I ever stayed at my in laws house, I had this sinking feeling that I should not fall asleep. No matter what I did, I should not fall asleep. I stayed up on my own accord until 3 in the morning trying to fight it. A week or so I mentioned how I preferred not to stay there, and my husband went on about how his siblings were lying about the ghost, all this stuff. Yada yada yada. No one had told me anything. Four years later, today, I still hate being in that house. Certain areas make me incredibly uncomfortable. I have on occasion seen things, or heard children crying out to me at the end of the driveway when no one is there. Hate it.

Tbh it is probably all the unresolved sin and demons that feed off it lingering. I’ve asked them to get their house blessed. They say it’s unnecessary and that everything is normal. (This is a practicing Catholic home.)

A few years back I mentioned to my dad how I hated his old house. That I would see things, weird lights, etc. that’s when he looked at me with a, “no way.” Look. Then he went on to describe different paranormal activities he and the tenant downstairs had experienced. Said he didn’t tell me at the time because I was a kid and he thought it would terrify me (he was right, it would have.)

Some places hold the events that took place there in the very fibers of what holds the house or space together. I truly believe that. Welp. That’s my contribution. Thanks for reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users Like Kitten Kaboodle's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, Anon777