Local Churches
To what degree is a local church independent of any other?  Meaning, my diocese and diocese next door.  The media and society refer to The Catholic Church but is it not the Catholic Churches?  Spiritually, One Church, yes.  But even theologically are we not somehow separate Churches?   Separate is not the correct word.  Independent.  

Corporately they are registered corporations in each diocese, whether corporation sole or run by a board, depending on jurisdiction as well.
The technical term is 'local particular Church'. There is also an 'autonomous particular church sui iuris', a grouping of particular churches with distinct liturgical, spiritual, theological and canonical traditions, in other words, the Latin Church and the various and sundry Eastern Churches.

We are all united as one Church under the Headship of Christ and His Vicar, the Pope.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert
I am thinking of the situation in Canada where the Prime Minister is calling on the Catholic Church to apologize. But the diocese where Native children were found has already apologized. But not good enough, of course. Media and "woke culture" want blood, especially when it comes to Christ's Church. Not that it does not have much to be sorry over. But aside from that. I was thinking that they obviously want the Pope to apologize. Why not just say that? L'eglise, c'est moi. Society has a far more monarchical view of the Church than it would ever claim for itself. At least nowadays.
(06-04-2021, 09:32 PM)Happy Boy Wrote: I am thinking of the situation in Canada where the Prime Minister is calling on the Catholic Church to apologize.  But the diocese where Native children were found has already apologized.  But not good enough, of course.  Media and "woke culture" want blood, especially when it comes to Christ's Church.  Not that it does not have much to be sorry over.  But aside from that.  I was thinking that they obviously want the Pope to apologize. Why not just say that?  L'eglise, c'est moi.  Society has a far more monarchical view of the Church than it would ever claim for itself.  At least nowadays.
We don't know what the children died of. Modern medicine wasn't what it is today. When Iwas younger I remember going to the doctor's office and seeing ash trays in the waiting room.