Marta, My Cat
I'm sorry Vox.  Saying goodbye to a beloved pet is always so very painful!  I will be praying.

HUGS!
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
You guys, I don't know what's going on, but weirdness is happening. All week, Marta's had a swollen belly (ascites), has been acting very strangely (hepatic encephalopathy -- she even tried walking into the side of the fridge), has been extremely listless, etc. And this on top of having gotten extremely skinny aside from the swollen belly. She'd just lie there and stare hour after hour, and her eyes would look watery and dull. She'd still get up to use her box, but was wobbly in getting there. There were a a few occasions where she'd have little tremors. She'd eat a little, and drink, but would mostly just lie there. I'd lie on the floor with her and pet her and talk to her off and on, and when death seemed extremely imminent, I'd lie there with her for a loooong time. The "death is within hours" episodes happened a few times -- but then she'd sort of rally, and would be sitting up sphinx-style after a few hours. 

Today, though, she is up walking around and mewing. Her eyes look clearer. She's not staring endlessly.

I have no idea what's going on at this point. She's sooooo skinny that she can't last long, but death doesn't seem SO imminent. 

If she's sticking around until August 1 -- holy mackerel, that'd be a sign to me. I'm not predicting that; the words aren't "just there" like they were regarding her return when she disappeared. But if that were to happen -- whew. That's 51 days from now, though, and I don't see how that could be the case (well, temporally speaking). But I'm for now just glad to see her looking almost normal aside from being skin and bones. You guys's prayers must be efficacious or something... I thank you for them. She's such a good little cat, and a good friend.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 4 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • Clare Brigid, J Michael, jovan66102, Memories_in_Rain
(Yesterday, 02:46 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: You guys, I don't know what's going on, but weirdness is happening. All week, Marta's had a swollen belly (ascites), has been acting very strangely (hepatic encephalopathy -- she even tried walking into the side of the fridge), has been extremely listless, etc. And this on top of having gotten extremely skinny aside from the swollen belly. She'd just lie there and stare hour after hour, and her eyes would look watery and dull. She'd still get up to use her box, but was wobbly in getting there. There were a a few occasions where she'd have little tremors. She'd eat a little, and drink, but would mostly just lie there. I'd lie on the floor with her and pet her and talk to her off and on, and when death seemed extremely imminent, I'd lie there with her for a loooong time. The "death is within hours" episodes happened a few times -- but then she'd sort of rally, and would be sitting up sphinx-style after a few hours. 

Today, though, she is up walking around and mewing. Her eyes look clearer. She's not staring endlessly.

I have no idea what's going on at this point. She's sooooo skinny that she can't last long, but death doesn't seem SO imminent. 

If she's sticking around until August 1 -- holy mackerel, that'd be a sign to me. I'm not predicting that; the words aren't "just there" like they were regarding her return when she disappeared. But if that were to happen -- whew. That's 51 days from now, though, and I don't see how that could be the case (well, temporally speaking). But I'm for now just glad to see her looking almost normal aside from being skin and bones. You guys's prayers must be efficacious or something... I thank you for them. She's such a good little cat, and a good friend.
Good to hear, Vox.  More prayers for you both.  And may God grant that her passing, when it happens, be painless and peaceful.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan
That's great news, VoxClamantis.  I'll say a prayer to St. Martin de Porres for Marta.
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.