Broken Rosary Question
It's a sad day for me... this morning, my little girl broke my favorite rosary, my husband's first gift to me. I'm still combing the carpet for all the beads. If I find them all and have it re-strung, I'm aware that it will need to be re-blessed. Would it still be considered a relic once it is repaired though? This particular rosary was touched to the remains of many saints, including those of my patron, St Catherine of Siena in Rome, and even the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. In that sense, it is irreplaceable :( I fought many battles with this beautiful weapon and feel sick to see it this way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catherine's post:
  • ServusDei
If you restring the beads I would think you would be good.
It's the beads that touched the relics, not the string.
I can't see that the order the beads were strung in would be of any consequence.
“Tradition is so strong, that future generations will dream of what they never saw.” — G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 2 users Like Water1965's post:
  • jovan66102, ServusDei
It's still a relic.  Every well-used rosary needs TLC and maintenance, and yours just needs more work to get it back in service.  You're good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matas's post:
  • ServusDei
My wife's Rosary's are also in danger of snapping sometimes. We try to keep our 2 year old from them.

Mine, on the other hand, I got from Rugged Rosary and my boy swings it around whenever he sees it. Less dangerous to the Rosary, not so much for whoever he swings it near...
[-] The following 2 users Like choosetowitness's post:
  • jovan66102, Matas
I wear a miracle medallion and if the string is broken, will I have to re-bless it?
(06-09-2021, 10:15 PM)Mr. Cowboy Wrote: I wear a miracle medallion and if the string is broken, will I have to re-bless it?
It is the medal that is blessed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes benedicite's post:
  • Mr. Cowboy