Enthronement of the Sacred Heart
I know the NO extends this to a priest OR a layperson doing the ceremony, but I'm not sure if I've heard this done in most TLM's.
You commit your home to the Sacred Heart. And have a visible picture or statue in your home...A priest then blessed your home and offers your home to The Sacred Heart.
I'm surprised you have not heard of this. It is a custom dating back years.
I wasn't clear. What I wasn't sure of is whether it is done by lay people without a priest in TLM parishes. The NO permits it. 

I knew about the ceremony itself.
Okie. I misunderstood.
(06-09-2021, 11:34 PM)Adventus Wrote: I wasn't clear. What I wasn't sure of is whether it is done by lay people without a priest in TLM parishes. The NO permits it.

All I can tell you is that my local FSSP priest came to my home to facilitate an enthronement of the Sacred Heart.  I noticed that I (man of the household) recited most of the prayers during this ritual.  The rest of the prayers were "group prayers."  I probably could have done it on my own.  No mention was made of resorting to a DIY approach, but since he was there to bless the house, he made sure to facilitate the enthronement because he strongly encourages a devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Ask your local priest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matas's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
(06-10-2021, 06:34 PM)Matas Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 11:34 PM)Adventus Wrote: I wasn't clear. What I wasn't sure of is whether it is done by lay people without a priest in TLM parishes. The NO permits it.

All I can tell you is that my local FSSP priest came to my home to facilitate an enthronement of the Sacred Heart.  I noticed that I (man of the household) recited most of the prayers during this ritual.  The rest of the prayers were "group prayers."  I probably could have done it on my own.  No mention was made of resorting to a DIY approach, but since he was there to bless the house, he made sure to facilitate the enthronement because he strongly encourages a devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Ask your local priest.

He's an NO priest and he suggested I do it on my own. The ceremony just doesn't seem complete without a priest, but this is just me feeling this way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Adventus's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
I guess it depends on the priest you talk to. The home enthronement for our house was done by a NO priest who was a close friend of my husband.
It is usually done in conjunction with blessing the home which only a Priest can do. He sounds like a typical NO Priest. Wants the laity to do everything! LOL!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
(06-15-2021, 05:00 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: It is usually done in conjunction with blessing the home which only a Priest can do. He sounds like a typical NO Priest. Wants the laity to do everything! LOL!

Our home was blessed by a Byzantine priest who is also trained in the Latin Rite ceremonies. Our NO priest couldn't give us a date on when he could come bless our new home and we just got tired of waiting and asked another priest. We should have done the whole thing at that point but wasn't thinking that far ahead since we had a bit of a mess in the house.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Adventus's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
(06-15-2021, 08:57 AM)Adventus Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 06:34 PM)Matas Wrote:

Ask your local priest.

He's an NO priest and he suggested I do it on my own. The ceremony just doesn't seem complete without a priest, but this is just me feeling this way.

I asked an NO priest to come do it, and he had no idea what i was talking about. Eventually my traditional priest and a religious Brother came and did the entire ceremony. It was quite memorable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Margaret-Mary's post:
  • AnaCarolina1