Pay Off Your Student Loans While You Can!
Looks like Sleepy Joe (where is CJAMP???) is gonna stick it to his voters again and not do Student Loan debt relief

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginal...f=1&nofb=1]

https://time.com/nextadvisor/loans/stude...tra-money/
^ Some of the "advice" on this article sucks so bad, it makes me want to punch the writer who probably is herself $100k deep in student loan debt and probably is putting the bare-minimum in the 401k.

The fact is Gen X, Gen Y (Millennials), and Gen Z are getting and have been getting royally screwed by this and past governments and we are continuing to get it up the rear. 

So if you have some money saved up and you have been enjoying not seeing $200 a month go down the drain to pay interest on that mortgage-size student loan debt that has been in forbearance since Covid...you might want to think about paying them off now while you still can until October of this year.
People should never have stopped paying on them in the first place. Americans are flush with cash right now. Somewhere I heard that about 70% of the last stimulus money was just sitting in the bank not being spent.

The same goes for folks who stopped paying rent or the mortgage. If they had the money they should have kept on paying those as well.

If they didn't have the money, they should be putting their homes up for sale and get out while the getting is good. If they are renting, well, time to figure out where you are going to live when the evictions start taking place.

Bad financial decisions, or kicking the can down the road is a systemic problem in this country, from the personal level, all the way up the chain to the federal gov. level.
Fantastic. My husband is going to school in the fall to become a diesel mechanic, and the only way we can afford to pay for it is by taking out about $30,000 worth of student loans.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
(06-10-2021, 09:37 AM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Fantastic. My husband is going to school in the fall to become a diesel mechanic, and the only way we can afford to pay for it is by taking out about $30,000 worth of student loans.

Make sure the program he's going into has internships or apprenticeships.   Otherwise, the education becomes a decoration after graduation.  There are no diesel mechanic jobs that require no experience.
--BobCatholic 
[-] The following 1 user Likes BobCatholic's post:
  • SacraCor714