Surviving the (Temporary) Dead End
Well, I have a new interesting situation I'm in. It seems recently I've been becoming a magnet to women of color. I like them all as friends, but I'm not sure how I feel about the romantic side of that. It's especially odd for me since white girls don't even notice I exist, but women of color are almost always very friendly to me.
Andy, mixed race children sometimes lead a very lonely existence. Your better have it together before attempting a bi-racial marriage. It's a tough row to hoe but with much love it can be a beautiful crop:)
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(06-15-2021, 09:35 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: Andy, mixed race children sometimes lead a very lonely existence. Your better have it together before attempting a bi-racial marriage. It's a tough row to hoe but with much love it can be a beautiful crop:)
Wow!  You've got him having kids already??  And he hasn't even mentioned marriage, let alone a particular, steady girlfriend???  Andy even said, just 5 days ago, "It's clear I am not in any position to start a family any time soon...."
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
(06-15-2021, 09:35 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: Andy, mixed race children sometimes lead a very lonely existence. Your better have it together before attempting a bi-racial marriage. It's a tough row to hoe but with much love it can be a beautiful crop:)

Well it's honestly not something I'm interested in. I appreciate them as friends, but for me personally, it somehow just doesn't strike the right chords.
Well nothing wrong with that. I've noticed Somali women working at a Goodwill charity shop I haunt. Once I mentioned something to a friend within earshot of them about that they were maybe looking for husbands (and me with a long beard). I think they may have taken it the wrong way. Beautful eyes, I must say.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
Wow, a lot of us are in the same boat. I too have Aspergers but wasn't diagnosed until I was nearly 30. Much too late to do anything about it as the brain is fully developed by then. I definitely hope to make it to heaven some day (probably through Purgatory) but that's about it. I've given up hoping for a good job/career, being able to live on my own, having friends, maybe even a family/kids of my own. Life just kind of slogs by.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bataar's post:
  • Orthodox Andy