Proper English Tea (and some)
(06-19-2021, 12:29 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I love the first video's channel, but Twinnings???

After having Yorkshire Tea I can never go back to Twinnings.

Haha, ive been hooked on yorkshire tea since finding the spiffing brit on youtube.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sword of St. Michael's post:
  • austenbosten
Twinings Irish Breakfast is top notch. There is nothing wrong with tea bags. Who hates tea bags? Harrod's FTGFOP - finest tippy golden flowery orange pekoe. Joke is far too good for ordinary people. Picked up a tin on the honeymoon for 30 pounds. Three years later and it still smelled like flower blossoms. I have fondness for orange pekoe - mounted a mountain with the wife, proposed the day previous, tea in a tea house on the side of a mountain overlooking a crater lake, present me with a menu, hippy girl. I say just a pot of orange pekoe, and she says which one. So I peruse the menu and pick fine sounding varietal; excellent choice she says, that is my favorite. I wink at her. Good times had by all.
[-] The following 2 users Like Happy Boy's post:
  • Anon777, austenbosten
I generally buy loose-leave at the supermarket. Be it Twinings, Dilma or some of the locally-made offerings. English Breakfast blend usually. Have found many loose Earl Greys that are no different to a boring black tea (Twinings loose has this problem, but not their teabags - which have several times more Bergamot in them).

I did buy a few tins of Twinings Lady Grey; what I liken to Earl Grey on steroids. Now that was very drinkable!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRock's post:
  • austenbosten
(06-22-2021, 12:00 PM)Sword of St. Michael Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 12:29 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I love the first video's channel, but Twinnings???

After having Yorkshire Tea I can never go back to Twinnings.

Haha, ive been hooked on yorkshire tea since finding the spiffing brit on youtube.

Duuuuude!!!! Same here!!!!!!!
The only Twining's I will still drink are Earl Grey, and Oolong Tea which is very fine. Their English Breakfast tastes like pencil shavings compared to a delicious cup of Yorkshire Tea. My box has been exposed to air for over a year and the tea still tastes superior to a fresh box of Twining's EBT

In fact in honor of the Spiffing Brit. I'm going to watch a vid of his (Maybe the Sid Meirer's Pirates cause that's what convinced me I think) and have a cup of Yorkshire Tea, two sugars and a dash of milk.
Read this thread, bought some Yorkshire Tea (which I'd never heard of before) from Amazon (super cheap! 100 bags for 4 bucks), and am loving it. This is some nice tea -- really nice. Glad y'all brought it up! I got the Yorkshire Red: is it better or worse than the Yorkshire Gold?
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • austenbosten
I have a wide selection of teas. Our youngest son was a great tea drinker and had a large collection of Chinese and Japanese teas. Then he decided to go caffeine-free, so Dad inherited them. Unfortunately, I have anosmia. IOW, I lack a sense of smell which severely stunts my sense of taste so they all pretty much taste the same to me.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
I drink Twinnings and Bigelow.
I have Earl Grey, Lady Grey, White tea, Darjeeling and some medicinal blends such as Yogi for sleep, cammomille for upset stomach and loose hibiscus from teavana, for health.

A cold glass of hibiscus tea in summer is amazing to me.
Necro but whatever.

I'm a fan of Bigalow and Twinnings (earl grey. I've been drinking lady grey too which is nice and fresh)

I've always been a huge tea drinker, ever since I was about twelve. This was long before I even knew caffeine was a thing, never noticed the effects. Then I started drinking coffee and built up a massive caffeine tolerance. I've been cutting way back on the caffeine though and now I find I appreciate tea much more. I drink it "black" no sugar or milk.

As for herbal teas I like a lot of "fruit" teas (cherry and stuff like that) and camomile to relax.

Now I kind of want to try Yorkshire.