adding pudding to cake mix?
I am making a yellow packaged cake.  I heard that I should add a package of pudding mix to the batter.  I have done it before and it came out very well. I don't bake often but tomorrow is my friends birthday.  My question is how big of a package of pudding mix should I had to the cake batter?  Is part of a package ok?  Also, the package says to let the cake cool completely before removing them from the pan.  Is it ok to leave them in the pan until tommorow after mass and then Ice them.  I don't have any fancy cake dish cover and don't want the icing to turn all crummy?

Daniel

Sounds like a good idea for a moist cake. If it were me, I'd add the whole packet. I think I've heard of this idea, too.

I think if you use no-stick pans, the whole cake should pop out fine in the morning. If not, you could always just mortar it back together with the frosting.
Use the small size pudding mix package for each box of cake mix. Don't add it to the batter, but to the mix itself before you add the wet ingredients. (make sure the mix you have doesn't already have pudding in it; some do).
Well the pudding package was large so I just dumped a bunch of it it.  I did not mix it with the dry measure first but I did mix it in at the same time as the dry measure, (mix)  I am going to have to ice it tomorrow.  I have to refridgerate it first because we are having Santa Ana winds and it is bringing ants into the house.  I'll let you know if it is any good.
Daniel

Well I guess I was just being insecure about the cake c'est si bonne.  No kidding, it was one of the best cakes I ever had.
Pax
Daniel

Great! Glad it worked out!