Questions about sin
Hi everyone, 

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct category.

I've been struggling with not really liking my neighbor and kind of being jealous of them as they are young and have their fertility and my husband and I are older.  I've confessed it in the past but it's been bubbling up again.  

My husband loaned them his brand new inversion table and that was 3 years ago.  They never bothered to return it despite one attempt to give it back but the husband did not follow through.  It bothered me for a long time and my confessor told me that it is just a thing.  When they had their first child I gave them a plushie rosary for their son, clothes, and a hiking carrier.  They said thank you but that was it.  

I guess I had my hopes up with trying to reach out and didn't handle the rejection too well.  

I try to be cordial when I see them.  And I do my best to pray for them.   But whenever I see the wife I get upset interiorly.  I try to shew away the negative thoughts but they come back.  

Please pray for me that I truly try to be humble.

Are these thoughts sinful?  To keep having them?  

I think I'm thinking way too much about this than I should be. 

God bless
It could be that there are some people who are secretly annoyed by you.
Love them. 
Pray for them. 
Go out of your way too be nice to them
[-] The following 1 user Likes benedicite's post:
  • ActusFidei313
(06-24-2021, 11:15 PM)benedicite Wrote: It could be that there are some people who are secretly annoyed by you.
Love them. 
Pray for them. 
Go out of your way too be nice to them
Also I will pray for you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes benedicite's post:
  • ActusFidei313
Having an unwanted thought isn't a sin.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 5 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • ActusFidei313, benedicite, HailGilbert, jovan66102, MagisterMusicae
(06-25-2021, 01:09 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote: Having an unwanted thought isn't a sin.

Exactly.

Consenting to harbor the thought is a sin.

Priest friends have shared that it is the bane of confession when people come in and say things like, "Father, I've been really struggling with ... " and never directly accusing themselves of sin, just of "struggles". One of them said, he's started saying, "Good! Keep struggling! Now, what you have you actually done that is sinful."

We all struggle with temptations towards sin. We will all always do so until we die. Struggling is fine. Consenting is not. We sin (and we can confess) only if we have willfully chosen to do something evil or omit something something good.

To feel a temptation or to struggle is just part of the Christian life. If we are not struggling, we are not holy but rather likely apathetic.
[-] The following 3 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • ActusFidei313, jovan66102, pspark
I would go ask them again for the item and ask how Thier little one is doing. You can ask about the little one first.

You are not sinning, just resentful. Now if you gossiped to others about it, that's a different story.

People nowadays don't send thank yous or so I'm told. I'm not ld school and would have sent a thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AnaCarolina1's post:
  • ActusFidei313
I meant I'm old school.