No heart beat detected
I am very sorry. Will pray for you.
So very sorry to read this. Your family will be in my prayers.
Thank you everyone, it has been truly helpful and a source of comfort knowing that we had so many people praying for us.

We laid my first born son, Michael Alan Gilbert, to rest yesturday. He passed away due to getting his umbellica cord wrapped around his neck. Right after his birth, I was able to do a conditional baptism, we leave him to God's mercy.

We did witness a small miracle in this tragedy though. Our son passed away at least a week before we found out. To the surprise of the doctor and nurses, there was no sign of infection/damage to my wife. We are currently doing extra blood tests to ensure that is still the case. I honestly am not sure of the chances/likelihood here, and not something im going to be looking into much for a bit, but wanted to pass on that your prayers have helped to keep my wife safe.
[-] The following 5 users Like Sword of St. Michael's post:
  • Catherine, dahveed, J Michael, SacraCor714, Suggestions
Horribly, terribly sad... I'm so very sorry... What a horrible year this one is...
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 2 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • J Michael, SacraCor714
I am so very sorry!  I have lost children to miscarriage and it is never easy.  I pray Our Lord brings you and your wife closer together in this grief.  Pilgrim and I struggled terribly.  We grieved differently and had a hard time consoling one another for a while.
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
Praying deeply for your son and family.
(07-23-2021, 10:31 AM)Sword of St. Michael Wrote: Thank you everyone, it has been truly helpful and a source of comfort knowing that we had so many people praying for us.

We laid my first born son, Michael Alan Gilbert, to rest yesturday. He passed away due to getting his umbellica cord wrapped around his neck. Right after his birth, I was able to do a conditional baptism, we leave him to God's mercy.

We did witness a small miracle in this tragedy though. Our son passed away at least a week before we found out. To the surprise of the doctor and nurses, there was no sign of infection/damage to my wife. We are currently doing extra blood tests to ensure that is still the case. I honestly am not sure of the chances/likelihood here, and not something im going to be looking into much for a bit, but wanted to pass on that your prayers have helped to keep my wife safe.
May God's grace forever surround the three of you .
Prudence
I am so very sorry to hear this. May God send His grace, comfort, and mercy to you all. We will pray for you and your little one.