Women deserve to know this stuff.
Hehe!!!

Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(07-20-2021, 04:45 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 01:21 PM)Margaret-Mary Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 07:49 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: I'm smack in the middle of this series and I'm learning so much. Why aren't we better prepared for menopause? 

I'm post menopause for a little over a year now, and all I really knew about menopause this whole time is that you get hot flashes and night sweats. But I'm learning so much more. So I want to share in case it helps you, too!

Lady, thou art but a babe in the woods! Post-meno a year? I got off that train wreck 12 years ago! It’s been the best thing ever to be past all of that. (My cycles were madness-and-migraine-riddled torture) 

Technically it's been two years since my last period, but my understanding is you're only post menopause after you've missed your period for 12 months...?

Yes, I remember you mentioning the migraines. Ugh, the worst! 

Quote:— but it’s only been in the last 2 years that all hot flashes finally ceased. Yes, they go on for an additional decade (though thankfully become steadily less intense). Maybe your video lady talked about that; I haven’t watched it yet.

She hasn't mentioned the hot flashes ceasing yet. I still get them and night sweats. I guess everyone is different.

Quote:I haven’t watched it yet. The one residual hardship I suffer is always being hot & feeling sick in hot weather. Actually that has improved slightly during the past two Summers, but it’s still pretty miserable. My clients’ homes are always like airtight saunas — it’s truly something to offer up! I hope it’s burning off some of my Purgatory time!

Yes, I get that, too! I think old people are often cold...could be the blood thinners.

yeah, i’m pretty different, lol. As soon as I had the final baby at 39 peri menopause started & i passed that one-year mark at age 47. Runs in the family, all my sisters were the same. 

i’m sorry you’re still having hot flashes and night sweats - i think at this age it might drive me even more crazy! 

The oldsters have less subcutaneous fat and slower metabolisms and meds might also play a part - i joke with mine that i’d have to set them on fire before they ever say they’re warm enough. So far the males seem colder than the females.
I'm not much of a "girly girl," don't have a lot of female friends, and had always thought women were exaggerating about the menopause stuff. Then it happened to me. WOMEN AREN'T JOKING ABOUT THAT CRAP! (wish I could make that text flash) Some women get through it with no problems (same goes with menstruation and pregnancy; some have it really bad, others don't), but for others -- look out. I had hot flashes that made me want to die. I'd be sweating like a -- well, whatever sweats a lot. And no, it wasn't mere "perspiration" or a "glow"; it was sweating like a man working hard in front of a blast furnace in August. It was bad. It was so bad, and I was so ill, that when trying to board a plane, a woman -- a total stranger -- looked at me and asked if I was sure I'm OK to fly LOL 

Those Lydia Pinkham pills realllllly helped. Like any other "cure," they won't work for everyone, but they work for a lot of women, and they defintely helped me. I hope they help any woman going through all this stuff. And for those who can't find relief -- whew. My heart goes out to you big time. It's awful! (Lydia Pinkham pills aren't just for menopausal women. They're also said to help regulate periods, help with premenstrual bloating and tension, ease menstrual pain, help with infertility, etc. I can't vouch for them with regard to all that, but the reviews look good for those ills, too).

To men and non-menopausal women reading this: if a woman you know is going through this, go easy on her, and let her control the A/C. You can always put on a sweater, but she can only get so nekkid.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
(07-19-2021, 11:01 AM)Jeeter Wrote: My good half is dealing with it now.  Or perhaps I'm dealing with her dealing with it.

God does work in mysterious ways. My Cuter and Shorter Half went through the 'change' in the years we were separated, but from what I've read and heard, I feel for you, Bro!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Now that I'm into the series a little further, I should make the disclaimer that Dr Taylor does investigate all avenues open for the treatment of what ails you. 

Some of the stuff (like hypnotism for relief of symptoms), is something as a Catholic, I wouldn't ever consider, and while I believe she and the practitioners have the best of intentions, it's probably something that's ill advised.  

Also, she does videos about birth control pills during peri-menopause. But that goes against Church teaching and needs to be discerned with a good priest who knows about these sorts of medical situations..
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.