What are conservative Novus Ordo Catholics?
I've seen references made to conservative Novus Ordo Catholics.  How would you define this?  I think I know what this means, but I am interested in your thoughts.
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clare Brigid's post:
  • Bryan
It's just all the people who haven't yet had the chance to fall in love with the TLM.

Oh, and they probably struggle with Americanism and dispute a doctrine or two. But not as egregiously as the libs
[-] The following 4 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, HailGilbert, jovan66102, Matas
I would probably define it as something like this: a Catholic who accepts Vatican II and the resulting "Novus Ordo" and who does not believe they were a rupture with past teaching.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 6 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Ad Jesum Per Mariam, Augustinian, austenbosten, benedicite, LionHippo, MacPasquale
I'll clarify what I mean by "resulting 'Novus Ordo'" by saying I mean the post-Vatican II magisterial teachings and laws, and the NO sacraments.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • MacPasquale
(07-19-2021, 08:36 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: I would probably define it as something like this: a Catholic who accepts Vatican II and the resulting "Novus Ordo" and who does not believe they were a rupture with past teaching.

SeekerofChrsit, it’s good to see you.
I have to ask: what has brought about such a change in your outlook, if you don’t mind my asking?
I only ask as you had very different perspectives previously.
I’m happy you’re no longer sedevacantist (something I was once, myself), but you seem to have come across something that radically changed your views.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FultonFan's post:
  • Anon777
(07-19-2021, 08:45 PM)FultonFan Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 08:36 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: I would probably define it as something like this: a Catholic who accepts Vatican II and the resulting "Novus Ordo" and who does not believe they were a rupture with past teaching.

SeekerofChrsit, it’s good to see you.
I have to ask: what has brought about such a change in your outlook, if you don’t mind my asking?
I only ask as you had very different perspectives previously.
I’m happy you’re no longer sedevacantist (something I was once, myself), but you seem to have come across something that radically changed your views.

Back in early February, I mentioned in a thread (to Clare, IIRC) that I would be reexamining the case for sedevacantism.  That was really only completed a few days ago, to be honest with you.  That's the short version of it.  If you'd like a more detailed discussion, please feel free to send me a PM.  I don't want to derail Clare's thread nor potentially enter into a debate with others about how I've ended up where I am at.
- Pope St. Pius X

[-] The following 3 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • austenbosten, FultonFan, J Michael
To use an analogy that probably is less than accurate....

A "conservative Novus Ordo Catholic" would read The Wanderer on a regular basis.

Whereas an average Traditional Catholic would probably read The Remnant or Catholic Family News on a regular basis.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes HailGilbert's post:
  • The Tax Collector
I'd second seekerofchrist's definition.

I'm not sure if it's really the most helpful term though.  

If you were to ask me a couple of years ago I would have said in meant anything from non-sspx/sedevacantist Catholics who were well meaning but ignorant, to modernists who were just a bit more conservative.

It seems like it's used more often as an insult than as an accurate way of describing someone.
[-] The following 2 users Like MacPasquale's post:
  • austenbosten, J Michael
How about, Catholics who have proven that they don't need to attend Latin Mass to be prayerful, charitable, accept all of the Church's teachings, go to Mass Sundays and Holy Days, embrace the sacraments, can get by just fine without badmouthing the bishops and Holy Father, haven't heard or don't pay attention to Vigano, Taylor Marshall, or other trad celebrities, and are overall more common than many Traditionalists give credit for?
[-] The following 10 users Like LionHippo's post:
  • Adventus, Augustinian, austenbosten, Fionnchu, J Michael, Matas, pspark, SeekerofChrist, SeeTheLight, TheRock
Wink 
(07-19-2021, 09:56 PM)LionHippo Wrote: How about, Catholics who have proven that they don't need to attend Latin Mass to be prayerful, charitable, accept all of the Church's teachings, go to Mass Sundays and Holy Days, embrace the sacraments, can get by just fine without badmouthing the bishops and Holy Father, haven't heard or don't pay attention to Vigano, Taylor Marshall, or other trad celebrities, and are overall more common than many Traditionalists give credit for?

Oh, you mean emulating Christ with the help of the Sacraments like Catholics are supposed to? Yeah, that sounds about right.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 7 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • austenbosten, benedicite, Fionnchu, J Michael, LionHippo, SeekerofChrist, SeeTheLight