What are conservative Novus Ordo Catholics?
(07-19-2021, 11:14 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:13 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:11 PM)muffinman145 Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 10:43 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 10:36 PM)muffinman145 Wrote: NO types don't seem joyful at the churches I've been to. They seem exhausted and desperate to leave. The Church is dying in the West and a lukewarm acceptance of the status quo isn't going to help. I'm glad you're not a sede anymore but now you seem to have embraced the other side of the same hyperpapalist error that sedes all have. I agree that some trads need to be more respectful to the Holy Father and that obedience must be maintained in all possible circumstances but the SSPX is a fine example of R&R producing fruit that the dioceses just can't seem to produce. Vocations, baptisms, retained faith through generations, etc.

Well NO is pretty big tent so I'm not denying there are miserable people.  Hyperpapalist....haha!  Yeah whatever dude.  Keep name-calling.

I'm a Catholic that's it.
Not calling you names. It's just obvious to everyone how you and others put the Pope on some unrealistic pedestal and then inevitably get into sedevacantists or just become delusional Pope apologists doing mental gymnastics to defend Pope Francis. Good luck raising kids in the NO and keeping them Catholic. Go ahead and send them to a diocesan school where Protestants will teach them theology. At least they won't turn out to be miserable jew-trads.
What's a "jew-trad"?
It appears to be a name. Something which he claimed he was trying not to do.
That's what I thought.  Dare I even ask how one would recognize one?
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
(07-19-2021, 11:16 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:13 PM)J Michael Wrote: What's a "jew-trad"?
That's what I thought.  Dare I even ask how one would recognize one?

Hmm, I don't know. Let's wait for the expert on "Jew-trads" to weigh in.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • J Michael, SeekerofChrist
(07-19-2021, 11:13 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:11 PM)muffinman145 Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 10:43 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 10:36 PM)muffinman145 Wrote: NO types don't seem joyful at the churches I've been to. They seem exhausted and desperate to leave. The Church is dying in the West and a lukewarm acceptance of the status quo isn't going to help. I'm glad you're not a sede anymore but now you seem to have embraced the other side of the same hyperpapalist error that sedes all have. I agree that some trads need to be more respectful to the Holy Father and that obedience must be maintained in all possible circumstances but the SSPX is a fine example of R&R producing fruit that the dioceses just can't seem to produce. Vocations, baptisms, retained faith through generations, etc.

Well NO is pretty big tent so I'm not denying there are miserable people.  Hyperpapalist....haha!  Yeah whatever dude.  Keep name-calling.

I'm a Catholic that's it.
Not calling you names. It's just obvious to everyone how you and others put the Pope on some unrealistic pedestal and then inevitably get into sedevacantists or just become delusional Pope apologists doing mental gymnastics to defend Pope Francis. Good luck raising kids in the NO and keeping them Catholic. Go ahead and send them to a diocesan school where Protestants will teach them theology. At least they won't turn out to be miserable jew-trads.
What's a "jew-trad"?
The person I was responding to said that trads remind him of Jews with all our whining and fussing
(07-19-2021, 11:11 PM)muffinman145 Wrote: Not calling you names. It's just obvious to everyone how you and others put the Pope on some unrealistic pedestal and then inevitably get into sedevacantists or just become delusional Pope apologists doing mental gymnastics to defend Pope Francis. Good luck raising kids in the NO and keeping them Catholic. Go ahead and send them to a diocesan school where Protestants will teach them theology. At least they won't turn out to be miserable jew-trads.

Well considering my wife went to Catholic school and she hasn't left the Faith and I am a convert...I think we will be okay.

Again this is laughable considering what my position was regarding the Pope over the years...but hey I guess when you speak heresy and defend the evil, modernist, hippie Pope...you suddenly become a persona non grata and ipso fact Protestant.

I get it...I'm a heretic in the eyes of the "trads" whatever I care about as much as St Augustine cared when all the Donatists were naysaying him for being someone delusional because he didn't buy into their nonsense.

Again the attitude on here just keeps re-enforcing Pope Francis' point in his letter.
[-] The following 3 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • Adventus, J Michael, SeekerofChrist
(07-19-2021, 11:31 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:11 PM)muffinman145 Wrote: Not calling you names. It's just obvious to everyone how you and others put the Pope on some unrealistic pedestal and then inevitably get into sedevacantists or just become delusional Pope apologists doing mental gymnastics to defend Pope Francis. Good luck raising kids in the NO and keeping them Catholic. Go ahead and send them to a diocesan school where Protestants will teach them theology. At least they won't turn out to be miserable jew-trads.

Well considering my wife went to Catholic school and she hasn't left the Faith and I am a convert...I think we will be okay.

Again this is laughable considering what my position was regarding the Pope over the years...but hey I guess when you speak heresy and defend the evil, modernist, hippie Pope...you suddenly become a persona non grata and ipso fact Protestant.

I get it...I'm a heretic in the eyes of the "trads" whatever I care about as much as St Augustine cared when all the Donatists were naysaying him for being someone delusional because he didn't buy into their nonsense.

Again the attitude on here just keeps re-enforcing Pope Francis' point in his letter.
Well you and Pope Francis sure have your priorities straight. Once the trads get in line the Church will be A-OK
[-] The following 1 user Likes muffinman145's post:
  • Some Guy
(07-19-2021, 11:36 PM)muffinman145 Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:31 PM)austenbosten Wrote:

Well you and Pope Francis sure have your priorities straight. Once the trads get in line the Church will be A-OK
Oy vey!
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 3 users Like J Michael's post:
  • austenbosten, SeekerofChrist, Some Guy
(07-19-2021, 09:56 PM)LionHippo Wrote: How about, Catholics who have proven that they don't need to attend Latin Mass to be prayerful, charitable, accept all of the Church's teachings, go to Mass Sundays and Holy Days, embrace the sacraments, can get by just fine without badmouthing the bishops and Holy Father, haven't heard or don't pay attention to Vigano, Taylor Marshall, or other trad celebrities, and are overall more common than many Traditionalists give credit for?
THIS!

Many parishes I've attended have a reasonable daily Mass attendance; the particularly strong ones have prayer meetings of various sorts after the day's Mass that usually draw a sizeable crowd. These attendants, often lament the state of the Church and the wishy-washiness that has overcome many faithful and Clergy. At the same time, they are joyfully resolute in their faith, and have a brilliant trust in God's plan. They are no single demographic - but the one consistent point is they desire God, desire Heaven, and desire an increase in faith.

If Trads think they have the market cornered on long confession lines, receiving Communion kneeling, and on the tongue... Well, think again. The diocesan youth group I used to attend had plenty of both going on, and these youth, in spite of wildly varying upbringings, took the time to learn their faith, practice it well, and wanted to share the Good News with everyone else. I couldn't tell you whether these actions meshed with a proper interior faith too, but it certainly seemed like it. 
Anecdotally, none that I conversed with had done anything more than briefly experiment with the TLM.
[-] The following 5 users Like TheRock's post:
  • Augustinian, austenbosten, Fionnchu, J Michael, SeekerofChrist
This "Jew-trad" excursus might be the most delightful off-topic bit that I've seen in a while.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 2 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • austenbosten, J Michael
(07-19-2021, 11:39 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:36 PM)muffinman145 Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:31 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Again the attitude on here just keeps re-enforcing Pope Francis' point in his letter.
Oy vey!

Yep...my sentiments exactly.

Hey muffinman... You think Francis is bad, just wait until you meet his successor I'm betting he's going to be a real doozy!
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • J Michael
(07-19-2021, 11:42 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: This "Jew-trad" excursus might be the most delightful off-topic bit that I've seen in a while.

Don't you know Jew-trads don't eat shellfish on Fridays!
[-] The following 3 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • Augustinian, J Michael, SeekerofChrist