What are conservative Novus Ordo Catholics?
(07-19-2021, 08:45 PM)FultonFan Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 08:36 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: I would probably define it as something like this: a Catholic who accepts Vatican II and the resulting "Novus Ordo" and who does not believe they were a rupture with past teaching.

SeekerofChrsit, it’s good to see you.
I have to ask: what has brought about such a change in your outlook, if you don’t mind my asking?
I only ask as you had very different perspectives previously.
I’m happy you’re no longer sedevacantist (something I was once, myself), but you seem to have come across something that radically changed your views.

Back in early February, I mentioned in a thread (to Clare, IIRC) that I would be reexamining the case for sedevacantism.  That was really only completed a few days ago, to be honest with you.  That's the short version of it.  If you'd like a more detailed discussion, please feel free to send me a PM.  I don't want to derail Clare's thread nor potentially enter into a debate with others about how I've ended up where I am at.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 3 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • austenbosten, FultonFan, J Michael

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are conservative Novus Ordo Catholics? - by SeekerofChrist - 07-19-2021, 09:00 PM