What are conservative Novus Ordo Catholics?
(07-19-2021, 10:09 PM)Augustinian Wrote: While it is good to be outwardly joyful, let's be cautious and keep in mind not to put too much emphasis on the outward expression of one's faith as a means of presuming their sanctity. One can lead a life of misery or a life of joy and still be pleasing to God. What is important is that we do the will of the Father, which means accepting all of the crosses and blessings God gives us in life.

Yes, but the mark of a Christian is joy and not despair.

I don't believe for a moment that an irreverent NO who goes to rock band Masses will maintain their joyful composure for long remember the parable of the seeds. Those who are "Liek OMG! I'm Catholic and suuuuuuuper happy!" Yeah let's see how they are when a challenge hits them...they will sadly be like the seeds that fell onto the rocks and got scorched by the sun.

I think Eric Ybarra said it best on a recent podcast I listened to. The longer you become Catholic and the more you live it...the more you learn to live with uncertainty and not knowing everything.
[-] The following 5 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • Adventus, Augustinian, Fionnchu, J Michael, SeekerofChrist

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are conservative Novus Ordo Catholics? - by austenbosten - 07-19-2021, 10:20 PM