What are conservative Novus Ordo Catholics?
(07-21-2021, 05:21 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 05:15 PM)choosetowitness Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 07:43 AM)Some Guy Wrote: Unrelated, its funny that trads aren't allowed to blame the NO as a factor in the apostasy of the West but the libs and cons get to say its ALL thanks to the NO Catholicism is growing in Africa.

This is something I've been thinking about the past few days. I've heard conflicting reports of "traditionalism thriving in Africa" and "Novus Ordo Mass has built the Church up in Africa". I wonder which is true, or is it a particular mix?

I'm unsure myself, but I do know that the good Abp. Lefebvre did tremendous works of evangelization in Africa in the mid-20th century. So that may have helped things along traditionally.

To add a little extra confusion to the mix, I seem to recall in John L. Allen's "The Future Church" that the Catholicism in Africa has a Charismatic Renewal flavoring to it.  Not sure I'm recalling that correctly, though, as I now do not have a copy of the book to check.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • austenbosten

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are conservative Novus Ordo Catholics? - by SeekerofChrist - 07-21-2021, 05:58 PM