What are conservative Novus Ordo Catholics?
(07-26-2021, 02:43 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 02:33 PM)Sword of St. Michael Wrote: However, that does not change the fact that in the end, what mass you go to is secondary to getting heaven.

I'll be judged on whether the souls under my authority get to Heaven.

The TLM is the best tool I have to get them there.  If I preach the Real Presence, the sacraments, and the moral law at home, and then we go to a Novus Ordo parish where nobody acts in a way that suggests belief in these things, then they'll think I'm either a hypocrite or an idiot.  Associating closely with people who obviously don't believe makes my message less credible.

And that very well may be the case for most people, in that the TLM is the best tool in your situation to pass on the faith. For me and my family, the TLM is the best possible way, along with home instruction, to get our kids raised in the faith and to (hoping/praying) to retain the faith. However, that does not change the fact that the main designation that matters is whether one is catholic or not. We will be judged on how the souls given to us to care for turn out. However, your individual purpose, your specific main reason for existence is to get to heaven. We are given other tasks, if married, then to get spouse to heaven and any kids, if priest, then get our people to heaven, but the primary purpose above all that, is the care of our soul and getting our soul to heaven. That is our primary concern.

Thus my statement that what truly matters is whether one is catholic is not is the distinction we should have, not the trads, conservatives, or tlm vs no. What matters is, is one practicing the faith or not. Is one Catholic or not. The mass, the non binding opinions about aspects of dogma (application of the death penalty), those are debates between two catholics on what is a better way of applying or living out the faith, its not two separate factions, two separate religions of people (trads and no) who are fighting over the title 'catholic'. The feeling I have gotten from alot of people on both sides is that the 'other' is not catholic for x reasons. The splitting in people minds of us vs them by distinguishing one group vs another helps that mentality.

Not saying, CJAMP that you do this, im pointing out what I have seen online, and seen pop up in the legit frustration people have had with this papal decree.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are conservative Novus Ordo Catholics? - by Sword of St. Michael - 07-26-2021, 03:52 PM