Prayers please
When you have time, if you wouldn't mind sparing a prayer for my son Justin, please.  He's 17. My heart is slowly breaking.  He's been lying and going back to his old ways of vaping.  I'm very upset and have high blood pressure.  My husband is at work right now and can't do anything.

We have been so patient and helpful.  I don't understand.  I think we need to move as the "friends" he has around here are from ps school and were the ones who helped get him into this mess.  

I feel like we are going to lose him.  But maybe that is what he needs???  The words you can leave now came out of my mouth but I was calm.

God bless
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActusFidei313's post:
  • jack89
You have my prayers.  It is difficult as a parent to come to terms with the fact that we can't be in control of our children's choices or take their crosses away from them.  But take comfort that Jesus meets us at the cross.  We did lose our eldest daughter for a time.  It was hard for me to completely let go of trying to control her and entrust her to God.  God had a beautiful plan for her life, but she had to walk through darkness to get there.  I didn't understand it at the time, but I see the graces and beauty in it now.  

I implored Our Lady and the Saints to help me and I prayed and prayed for many years.  Just as my friend St. Monica did.  They never abandoned me.
[-] The following 3 users Like CatholicMamato5's post:
  • ActusFidei313, Ambrosiano, Margaret-Mary
(07-20-2021, 09:39 AM)CatholicMamato5 Wrote: You have my prayers.  It is difficult as a parent to come to terms with the fact that we can't be in control of our children's choices or take their crosses away from them.  But take comfort that Jesus meets us at the cross.  We did lose our eldest daughter for a time.  It was hard for me to completely let go of trying to control her and entrust her to God.  God had a beautiful plan for her life, but she had to walk through darkness to get there.  I didn't understand it at the time, but I see the graces and beauty in it now.  

I implored Our Lady and the Saints to help me and I prayed and prayed for many years.  Just as my friend St. Monica did.  They never abandoned me.

Thank you for the advice and prayers.  He's my oldest and I can't stop crying.
Ave Maria…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cor Immaculatum Mariae, ora pro nobis. (Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.)
Sancte Pie Quinte, ora pro nobis.(St. Pius V, pray for us.)
Sancte Pie Decime, ora pro nobis.(St. Pius X, pray for us.)
Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus (No salvation outside the Church)
“Catholics who remain faithful to Tradition, even if they are reduced to a handful, are the true Church of Jesus Christ.”  St. Athanasius
[-] The following 1 user Likes OmniaInstaurareInChristo's post:
  • ActusFidei313
St. Jerome Emiliani, pray for us!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ambrosiano's post:
  • ActusFidei313
(07-20-2021, 09:54 AM)ActusFidei313 Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 09:39 AM)CatholicMamato5 Wrote: You have my prayers.  It is difficult as a parent to come to terms with the fact that we can't be in control of our children's choices or take their crosses away from them.  But take comfort that Jesus meets us at the cross.  We did lose our eldest daughter for a time.  It was hard for me to completely let go of trying to control her and entrust her to God.  God had a beautiful plan for her life, but she had to walk through darkness to get there.  I didn't understand it at the time, but I see the graces and beauty in it now.  

Thank you for the advice and prayers.  He's my oldest and I can't stop crying.

It is so hard!!  When my daughter was 18 and chose to leave our home as opposed to stopping her behavior, the 4th Joyful Mystery of the Rosary really resonated with me.  I just kept thinking of Our Lady and how in her motherhood "A sword shall pierce your heart..."  I also found myself saying the rosary of the 7 sorrows.  I would often implore her to be a mother to my daughter when I could not.  Put yourself under her mantle and take comfort.  I would give you a hug if I could!
[-] The following 1 user Likes CatholicMamato5's post:
  • ActusFidei313