Atheist girlfriend
Hi all,

I'm new to this Forum, which seems to be a vibrant and encouraging place for Catholics to discuss about any topic, I'm really happy I found it :)

I would like to ask for advice regarding my girlfriend, since I'm in a situation that is difficult for me to "process". Basically, my girlfriend and me are a good couple, and aligned in almost everything, which in general is rare to find nowadays. She's a good person and I can tell she loves me, which is also rare to find nowadays. We love each other, however, there's a topic source of many discussions that does not seem to settle, and sadly it is religion.

I'm a moderate Catholic, and she is an atheist. After a lot of patience and digging, I have found out that her grandmother, Jehovah Witness, sadly tried to impose religion on her when she was a child really hard, and her rebel personality together with the fact that she's not a spiritual person led to a really bad opinion and to aversion against religion. If you put yourself in her place, an approximate example would be to have a family which are all painters and they want and expect you to be a vocational painter, when you don't have any skill or sensibility for art at all, and they also try to make you follow that path really bad.

So basically we can collide a lot about that, and it is worrying me seriously. My question is, I'm not sure where Catholics should stand regarding atheist partners, what are the most common cases / approaches? Is it ok to have patience and believe that by living as a Christian and doing my best I might change her perception about religion through the years? (not that I want her to start a religious life, just open her eyes about the great things that Christianity has done and is doing every day).

Any opinion will be welcomed :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes __Al__'s post:
  • Suggestions

Messages In This Thread
Atheist girlfriend - by __Al__ - 07-20-2021, 06:18 PM
RE: Atheist girlfriend - by Suggestions - 07-20-2021, 07:13 PM
RE: Atheist girlfriend - by __Al__ - 07-21-2021, 07:12 PM
RE: Atheist girlfriend - by Justin Tertius - 07-20-2021, 07:20 PM
RE: Atheist girlfriend - by __Al__ - 07-21-2021, 07:14 PM
RE: Atheist girlfriend - by Justin Tertius - 07-21-2021, 07:21 PM
RE: Atheist girlfriend - by VoxClamantis - 07-20-2021, 07:38 PM
RE: Atheist girlfriend - by __Al__ - 07-21-2021, 07:25 PM