Did I goof?
Yesterday I was having a conversation with someone about the faith and I mentioned how we believed that few are saved, and another person behind us (we were in a car) said wow. I fear that I did not become a good example for the faith, because I said what we believed plainly and matter-of-factly, without the least thought of (maybe I should rephrase it?) If I should have rephrased it, I would not know how to put it otherwise. : [
"If we do not supply the chains, who will chain the supplies?"

Karl Marx I PROMISE it will work this time Vol 3

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

A German...possibly
(07-21-2021, 10:39 AM)Anon777 Wrote: Yesterday I was having a conversation with someone about the faith and I mentioned how we believed that few are saved, and another person behind us (we were in a car) said wow. I fear that I did not become a good example for the faith, because I said what we believed plainly and matter-of-factly, without the least thought of (maybe I should rephrase it?) If I should have rephrased it, I would not know how to put it otherwise. : [
 should rephrase it: Did I scandalize someone by my poor communication?

A German...possibly
Well, I hate to be indirect here, but I think your real question is: did I commit mortal sin by scandalizing someone?

Here’s the answer: if you’re even asking the question as to whether you committed mortal sin, you almost certainly have not, as you don’t have clarity about your premeditated desire to commit mortal sin.

That aside, what your describing doesn’t sound sinful at all.
Did you start cackling and rubbing your hands together and say “have fun in hell!”?
We don't know how many are saved.  Saying "not all are saved" (meaning "Hell exists and isn't empty") should be enough; no need to put a number or an approximation of a number or percentage on it (other than "not 100% or something).
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 2 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • ActusFidei313, Anon777
(07-21-2021, 12:32 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Well, I hate to be indirect here, but I think your real question is: did I commit mortal sin by scandalizing someone?

Here’s the answer: if you’re even asking the question as to whether you committed mortal sin, you almost certainly have not, as you don’t have clarity about your premeditated desire to commit mortal sin.

Did you start cackling and rubbing your hands together and say “have fun in hell!”?
Did I start cackling? No, I was pretty matter of fact, truth be told. I simply told it plainly and clearly.

A German...possibly
(07-21-2021, 01:22 PM)Anon777 Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 12:32 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Well, I hate to be indirect here, but I think your real question is: did I commit mortal sin by scandalizing someone?

Did I start cackling? No, I was pretty matter of fact, truth be told. I simply told it plainly and clearly.
That was only a joke, friend.