Can A Catholic Worship At Orthodox Liturgies?
A Catholic can even go to a novus ordo church, so I dont really see the problem 🤷🏻‍♂️
How do you start a war in cyberspace with recent converts to orthodoxy ? Simple, tell them you know of orthodox priests (outside the Middle East) who will give communion to Catholics.
[-] The following 3 users Like Eric F's post:
  â€˘ Melkite, PilgrimMichelangelo, XavierSem
Justin Tertius Wrote:So, just generally, if I were just interested in attending orthros and vespers (I have Mass nearby, so I have no desire to attend Divine Liturgy and I wouldn't take communion) that would be find and not an act of schism? I mean, I was just interested in attending the service, and I have heard of people doing this, so I am wondering what is the deal.

I would warmly encourage you to attend Vespers on Saturday evening.  Don't be afraid to kiss the cross and the priest's hand after Vespers.  When you kiss the cross, you should kiss the feet.
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
[-] The following 2 users Like Clare Brigid's post:
  â€˘ J Michael, PorphyriosK
(08-03-2021, 11:38 AM)Eric F Wrote: How do you start a war in cyberspace with recent converts to orthodoxy ? Simple, tell them you know of orthodox priests (outside the Middle East) who will give communion to Catholics.
I'm confused as to why some individual priests doing some heterodox things somewhere would start a war in cyberspace. How exactly is this significant?
(08-14-2021, 11:44 AM)PorphyriosK Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 11:38 AM)Eric F Wrote: How do you start a war in cyberspace with recent converts to orthodoxy ? Simple, tell them you know of orthodox priests (outside the Middle East) who will give communion to Catholics.
I'm confused as to why some individual priests doing some heterodox things somewhere would start a war in cyberspace. How exactly is this significant?

There are a number of cyber Orthodox purists who will insist this never happens, no matter how rarely.
(08-14-2021, 12:28 PM)Melkite Wrote:

There are a number of cyber Orthodox purists who will insist this never happens, no matter how rarely.
And I've bumped into a few of them over the years.  Cyber-ly speaking, that is.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
(08-14-2021, 12:40 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 12:28 PM)Melkite Wrote:

And I've bumped into a few of them over the years.  Cyber-ly speaking, that is.
 Well...butter my butt...my "edit" button disappeared!!

I was going to edit my post to add:  You call them "purists".  Others call them "fundamentalists".  They seem to exist in all faiths and all denominations.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  â€˘ Melkite, PilgrimMichelangelo
I know for a fact that their are at least a few priests in the US, both Orthodox and EC, who will give commune to immediate family of parishoners in some of the churches that have ethnic counterparts.
Justin Tertius,

I'm Cathilic, baptized at a catholic latin church (occidental ritual), but my family are armenian catholics (so i go both).

You know, if you can't get Comunion at Catholic Church, the main cause is because you have shown an activity that you don't want to change.

For example, you got married at Catholic Church, then you got divorced to the State you live (civil divorce, of course), but you meet someone and you start living with other person, and you don't want to rectify your attitude, then you can't get Comunion in anywhere. Because you don't want to change.

Let me explain what happens with Bible:

Jua 13:24  To hym beckened Simon Peter therfore, that he shoulde aske who it was of whom he spake.
Jua 13:25  He then, when he leaned on Iesus brest, sayde vnto hym: Lorde, who is it?
Jua 13:26  Iesus aunswered: He it is to whom I geue a sop when I haue dipped it. And he wet the sop, and gaue it to Iudas Iscariot, Simons sonne.
Jua 13:27  And after the sop, Satan entred into hym. Then sayde Iesus vnto hym: That thou doest, do quickly.
Jua 13:28  That wiste no man at the table, for what intent he spake vnto hym.
Jua 13:29  Some of the thought, because Iudas had the bagge, that Iesus had sayde vnto hym, bye those thynges that we haue neede of agaynst the feast: or, that he shoulde geue somethyng to ye poore.
Jua 13:30  Assoone then, as he had receaued the sop, he went immediatly out: and it was nyght

Judas didn't wanted to change his attitude, then when he got the Comunion, Satan entred into him. That's what happened with you get excomulgated and you go to get the Comunion.

If you resist the bad attitude you have shown (whatever is the busisnes), then your situation will be worse.

1Co 11:27  Wherfore, whosoeuer shall eate this bread, and drynke this cup of the Lorde vnworthyly, shalbe gyltie of the body and blood of the Lorde.
1Co 11:28  But let a man examine hym selfe, and so let hym eate of this bread, and drinke of this cuppe:

If you are guilty of the body and blood of the Lord, then, you will leave the Catholic Church, and you will be a protestant, antichrist (read number 675 of Catholic Catecism).

About ortodox church, if every church that you know is the same for you, you have started your way. You need to identify the Body and Blood of Christ before get Comunion.
You should know that ortodox are ortodox because they have heresies in their doctrines. They are mainly nestorians, and have some issues with purgatory. It's not the same.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tomas's post:
  â€˘ NoliTardare
(10-01-2021, 10:09 PM)Tomas Wrote: You should know that ortodox are ortodox because they have heresies in their doctrines. They are mainly nestorians, and have some issues with purgatory. It's not the same

You got everything right except this. This isn't correct. They aren't heretics. They're "just" schismatic. So communion and confession work there too. Problem is they won't give you communion, because they know folks might go there and get the Holy Communion because they are in mortal sin and they can't get it in a Catholic Church elsewhere or for other reasons.
I will add a few lines of Aquinas about the Holy Host:

Sumunt boni sumunt mali
Sorte tamen inaequali
Vitae vel interitus

Mors est malis, vita bonis
Vide pari sumptionis
Quam sit dispar exitus

Therefore you shouldn't go to the Orthodox because you got tired of being Catholic, because you are in mortal sin and don't want to change this situation or because you feel the catholic rules are too strict.
If you don't like Pope Francis and don't want to take part to a Mass una cum Francisco ever again... you can't solve this issue by going to the Orthodox until this pontificate ends either.
Ores, casta legas, jejunes otia vites si servare velis corpora casta Deo.