Can A Catholic Worship At Orthodox Liturgies?
A Catholic can even go to a novus ordo church, so I dont really see the problem 🤷🏻‍♂️
How do you start a war in cyberspace with recent converts to orthodoxy ? Simple, tell them you know of orthodox priests (outside the Middle East) who will give communion to Catholics.
[-] The following 3 users Like Eric F's post:
  â€˘ Melkite, PilgrimMichelangelo, XavierSem
Justin Tertius Wrote:So, just generally, if I were just interested in attending orthros and vespers (I have Mass nearby, so I have no desire to attend Divine Liturgy and I wouldn't take communion) that would be find and not an act of schism? I mean, I was just interested in attending the service, and I have heard of people doing this, so I am wondering what is the deal.

I would warmly encourage you to attend Vespers on Saturday evening.  Don't be afraid to kiss the cross and the priest's hand after Vespers.  When you kiss the cross, you should kiss the feet.
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
[-] The following 2 users Like Clare Brigid's post:
  â€˘ J Michael, PorphyriosK
(08-03-2021, 11:38 AM)Eric F Wrote: How do you start a war in cyberspace with recent converts to orthodoxy ? Simple, tell them you know of orthodox priests (outside the Middle East) who will give communion to Catholics.
I'm confused as to why some individual priests doing some heterodox things somewhere would start a war in cyberspace. How exactly is this significant?
(08-14-2021, 11:44 AM)PorphyriosK Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 11:38 AM)Eric F Wrote: How do you start a war in cyberspace with recent converts to orthodoxy ? Simple, tell them you know of orthodox priests (outside the Middle East) who will give communion to Catholics.
I'm confused as to why some individual priests doing some heterodox things somewhere would start a war in cyberspace. How exactly is this significant?

There are a number of cyber Orthodox purists who will insist this never happens, no matter how rarely.
(08-14-2021, 12:28 PM)Melkite Wrote:

There are a number of cyber Orthodox purists who will insist this never happens, no matter how rarely.
And I've bumped into a few of them over the years.  Cyber-ly speaking, that is.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
(08-14-2021, 12:40 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 12:28 PM)Melkite Wrote:

And I've bumped into a few of them over the years.  Cyber-ly speaking, that is.
 Well...butter my butt...my "edit" button disappeared!!

I was going to edit my post to add:  You call them "purists".  Others call them "fundamentalists".  They seem to exist in all faiths and all denominations.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  â€˘ Melkite, PilgrimMichelangelo
I know for a fact that their are at least a few priests in the US, both Orthodox and EC, who will give commune to immediate family of parishoners in some of the churches that have ethnic counterparts.