My son
(07-22-2021, 10:26 PM)TexasJeep Wrote: Do you know any cops or justices of the peace?  At 17 he can't possibly be old enough to have marijuana legal, but not certain because it isn't legal for anyone in my state.

Go to the JP/Sheriff, whomever and have him arrested and let him sit in jail for a spell.  Don't bail him out.  Let him simmer.

Yea, it might cost him his job, but oh well.  When kids want to be adults, they need to face the reality that as an adult they have to handle their own problems.
It isn't legal here where we are but literally all the kids are doing it.  What's scarier is that it's not the old fashioned weed and roll it's oil and odorless.  I'm scared he's going to have brain damage and other health problems.  

I like your idea of the sheriff and sitting in jail.  I'm going to talk with my husband about that.  Thank you.

God bless
[-] The following 2 users Like ActusFidei313's post:
  • Anon777, Suggestions
Sorry and please forgive me to all if my post seemed overly aggressive, this issue is a serious one to me hearing of a young person being drug down . Yes it would be wise to take care of the issue now ! I must say this aswell , my family is currently fighting Covid could I kindly ask for prayers through this battle ?
Prudence
(07-23-2021, 07:32 AM)ActusFidei313 Wrote:
(07-22-2021, 10:26 PM)TexasJeep Wrote: Do you know any cops or justices of the peace?  At 17 he can't possibly be old enough to have marijuana legal, but not certain because it isn't legal for anyone in my state.

Go to the JP/Sheriff, whomever and have him arrested and let him sit in jail for a spell.  Don't bail him out.  Let him simmer.

Yea, it might cost him his job, but oh well.  When kids want to be adults, they need to face the reality that as an adult they have to handle their own problems.
It isn't legal here where we are but literally all the kids are doing it.  What's scarier is that it's not the old fashioned weed and roll it's oil and odorless.  I'm scared he's going to have brain damage and other health problems.  

I like your idea of the sheriff and sitting in jail.  I'm going to talk with my husband about that.  Thank you.

God bless

Two more thoughts.

1. How's his memory?  I had a friend who gave up the stuff around the age of 17 or 18 because he started having issues remembering where he had parked his car when he came out of a mall or grocery store.  That by itself ought to be a wakeup call to anyone.

2. Do you all pray the Rosary together?  Does the whole family go to Mass weekly and confession monthly?  Does he understand that this level of disobedience to one's parents is a grave sin?  Does he believe in hell?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
(07-23-2021, 09:28 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: I had a friend who gave up the stuff around the age of 17 or 18 because he started having issues remembering where he had parked his car when he came out of a mall or grocery store.  That by itself ought to be a wakeup call to anyone.
I wonder what I should quit doing in order to resolve that issue...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marmot's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
(07-23-2021, 09:38 AM)Marmot Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 09:28 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: I had a friend who gave up the stuff around the age of 17 or 18 because he started having issues remembering where he had parked his car when he came out of a mall or grocery store.  That by itself ought to be a wakeup call to anyone.
I wonder what I should quit doing in order to resolve that issue...

Well, my understanding is that aging can cause the same problem, but I'd rather not give it up.
Perhaps if you make him pay for his phone, car and insurance, he will have no money left for the weed.

Until he meets different friends, he will continue his waywardness. The best cure is to find a nice Catholic intended. One seeped in the traditional.

I will be praying through Our Lady, undoer of knots for your son and family.
Yes.  We did tough love and made our daughter leave the house when she continued to use marijuana.  I have send you a message.  It did work in our case and I would do it again.  Although replies to this will be all over the map.  I had a priest tell me NOT to give her an ultimatum which was bad advice but well intended.