A Loophole?
It's wouldn't be the first time a law has been 'ignored into oblivion' as Fr Zed discusses in the post I linked to earlier. From the article:
[/url]
Quote:[url=https://arcc-catholic-rights.net/doctrine_of_reception.htm]Fr. James Coriden, who has written on reception theory, uses John XXIII’s ill-fated Apostolic Constitution [i]Veterum sapientia[/i] (on the preservation and promotion of Latin, especially in seminaries) as a example of norms which were not received.  That was an Apostolic Constitution [i]signed on the main altar of St. Peter’s Basilica.  [/i]BTW…  [i]Veterum sapientia[/i] was decidedly [i]NOT [/i]a mistake, but it was subject to wholesale neglect.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
> How have the turntables eh

#UnexpectedOffice

The thing I just don't understand is how the Holy Father thinks attacking the TLM is going to go over.  First off, he's attacking the symptom of the problem he claims exists, rather than addressing the problem.  Second, the trads are not, by far, the greatest source of disunity.   Third, a good father does not draw his children back by spiting them.

This is just a spiteful move that will drive more trads away from the Holy Father, and rightly so.  One might want to ask Pope Francis how the TLM hurt him to so incur his wrath.  And make no mistake.  This is wrath.
(08-07-2021, 10:56 AM)ConceptJunkie Wrote: The thing I just don't understand is how the Holy Father thinks attacking the TLM is going to go over.  First off, he's attacking the symptom of the problem he claims exists, rather than addressing the problem.

The trads are the problem, or, more precisely, the pre-Vatican II view of the Church and Catholic doctrine they have is. Between adulterers receiving Communion, the 'inadmissibility' of the death penalty (whatever that means), the talk of women deacons, telling atheists they go to heaven, and 'who am I to judge', we know what Francis thinks of traditional Catholic doctrine.

(08-07-2021, 10:56 AM)ConceptJunkie Wrote: This is just a spiteful move that will drive more trads away from the Holy Father, and rightly so.

Which is likely part of the plan, and give him an excuse to crack down even further. The resistance to this needs to come from the bishops, not random laypeople on the Internet.