Long hours
My husband often works 12 to 14 hour days five days a week. I am home alone all day with a newborn and a 14-month-old. Every day is a struggle. I am exhausted. I’ve asked my husband if he could please ask his employer if he could leave after about eight or nine hours, but he refuses to do so because he doesn’t want to make any demands on them. He’s only been working there two months, and he doesn’t want to ask them for a thing. It’s gotten to the point where I may as well just live with my parents because I never see my husband Monday through Friday. He refuses to compromise on this issue. I don’t know what to do. I feel like our marriage is in serious trouble. Furthermore. We’ve had to live celibately for a while now and I know that is affecting us as well.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
I can understand him not wanting to make demands on his new employers, and wanting to make a good impression by doing what needs to be done and working long hours.  Remember, he's doing it for your family--you and the 2 little ones.  I also get the exhaustion and frustration you're experiencing.  That can't be a walk in the park! 

All I can offer you is prayer that God give you the strength, fortitude, patience, and love to carry on.  Hopefully the days of such long hours for your husband will ease up in the near future and you will have more of him.  Hey, at least you have him on the weekends!  Not perfect or what you might want, but it beats a blank, hopefully. 

I don't know what he's experiencing, but I'm sure he'd rather have more time with you and the little ones, too.  This phase of your life will pass. Hang in there, and maybe ask for some more help from your family and friends, if you're struggling.

You're doing some of the most important (and difficult) work a human can do--being a mother.  God bless you!
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 3 users Like J Michael's post:
  • Grandma, jovan66102, SacraCor714
(08-12-2021, 07:33 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: ... I don’t know what to do. I feel like our marriage is in serious trouble. Furthermore. We’ve had to live celibately for a while now and I know that is affecting us as well.
Are his friends and relatives aware of his situation.  I'm not suggesting that you say or do anything that would come across as disrespectful of your husband and his hard work.   In any conversation you might include something about his admirable attributes.    The conversation might provide an opportunity for someone close to him to help him.  

Living celibately amidst a stressful work load sounds like a recipe for problems.  I hope you both get appropriate support for someone wise and experienced about these matters.  You have your whole life ahead of you.  Please be careful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes joegrane's post:
  • Grandma
You can schedule a date night with your husband and kindly tell him how you feel. Communication is key.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AnaCarolina1's post:
  • Grandma