New to the forums
Hello everyone. I've been looking for a Catholic Forum for a while since CAF shut down and just found this one today. 

I'm a convert to Catholicism from Protestantism (Anglican, Methodist and Nazarene) and I entered the Church just over three years ago. I haven't really considered myself as a trad but I'm moving that way. I'm starting my postulancy with a Benedictine Abbey in a few weeks. They have a mix of TLM and Novus Ordo with most of the younger monks leaning more traditional.

I'm probably not going to be around much after I enter but I figured I could learn a bit more about traditional Catholicism while I have some free time.
Welcome!

This place is a treasure. And it's not an echo chamber either, like "Catholic social media". Plenty of differing opinions from within the Church here.

God bless.
Glad you're here :) 

Just want to make sure you know about the main site itself, especially the "Being Catholic" sub-section, which will walk you through all the how-tos of traditional Catholicism: http://www.fisheaters.com/beingcatholic.html
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
St. Louis Abbey, per chance?  If so, feel free to message me if you'd like to get lunch and talk about traditional Catholicism before you enter, as I live nearby. :)
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
Thank you all for the welcome. I will definitely check out the resources on the main site.

(08-19-2021, 10:08 AM)Steven Wrote: St. Louis Abbey, per chance?  If so, feel free to message me if you'd like to get lunch and talk about traditional Catholicism before you enter, as I live nearby. :)

The Abbey I'm joining is part of the Swiss-American Congregation. I did consider St. Louis Abbey and the English Congregation for a while considering my background with the English Patrimony. During the Novitiate all of the novices are sent to visit three other Benedictine communities of their choice to help make sure this Abbey is the best fit. St. Louis Abbey is currently on my list along with Our Lady of Clear Creek Abbey in Oklahoma, and St. Meinrad Archabbey.
Hello Proselyte. I haven't posted anything since April personally but I thought I'd look in today. Yesterday I saw someone (in real life) I hadn't seen before the pandemic and she said it had been a long 18 months - indeed it has. The last time I looked at the website for the church I attend they were sort of half open - they hadn't said it was mandatory to attend mass in person, so I've been watching online masses still. However I recently saw a lady from the parish and she was on her way to the wedding of a friend of her daughter's at the church so it looks like I might be able to go to mass in person again. Anyway, I've been a good (old) girl during the pandemic and mostly meeting via Zoom or Skype. In August a very small group of us met in a cafe in person and a few days later I had a phone call from one member of the group saying he had tested positive for Covid. He was doubly jabbed so maybe got it less severely than if he hadn't had the vaccination. I'm doubly jabbed myself and my test proved negative so I haven't had to self-isolate. Anyway, Proselyte, I hope ou find a community that suits you.