Could we see a new Pope soon?
(08-24-2021, 02:59 PM)Zedta Wrote: Well, like I opened with, it could be rumor level. But then, has anyone, since his release from hospital, seen any pics of him doing anything besides sitting?  I haven't seen any myself and that is part of the reason I thought this newsworthy.
At the Angelus last Sunday he appeared to be standing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes benedicite's post:
  • Zedta
(08-24-2021, 08:35 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Peg leg, colon cancer or not, he's 84 now. He won't last forever. So yeah, we'll see a new pope soon give pr take a few years.
It is possible that he could die before Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes benedicite's post:
  • Zedta
(08-24-2021, 11:12 PM)benedicite Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 02:59 PM)Zedta Wrote: Well, like I opened with, it could be rumor level. But then, has anyone, since his release from hospital, seen any pics of him doing anything besides sitting?  I haven't seen any myself and that is part of the reason I thought this newsworthy.
Appearances can be deceiving.  :-)
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • Zedta
Diverticulitis is usually an infectious process and not usually requiring surgery. It is most often treated with antibiotics. Almost always, these antibiotics are administered intravenously, due to the nature of the infection being hard to get to with blood-born drugs. I've taken care of many scores of such patients in the ICU. It is a long course. That he was 'in and out' of hospital makes me lean towards the cancer angle. A surgical procedure would be a shorter course of treatment.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
Why is this discussion being had? The Pope was in the hospital, and now he is out of the hospital. He seems to be okay for now. 

What might be a better tip off to the fact that we may have a new Pope soon is the fact that Francis is 84 years old. John Paul II died at 84. Benedict XVI is currently 94! 

If he is ill, it would be better to pray that he die a holy death than speculate whether he has a peg leg or not.
"Especially will I do this if the Lord make known to me that you come together man by man in common through grace, individually, in one faith, and in Jesus Christ... so that you obey the bishop and the presbytery with an undivided mind, breaking one and the same bread, which is the medicine of immortality, and the antidote to prevent us from dying, but which causes that we should live for ever in Jesus Christ." St. Ignatius of Antioch

"But Polycarp... waving his hand towards them, while with groans he look up to heaven, said, 'Away with the Atheists.'" Martyrdom of Polycarp
Yes..the smoke of satan has entered the church. We need to pray for Francis. I think he is blind to it.
Praying for Pope Francis that he sees this. I'm sure Benedict does.
Quote:speculate whether he has a peg leg or not.

Pope Francis tweets--->Yesterday, in Tokyo, the Paralympic Games got underway. I send my greetings to the athletes and I thank them because they offer everyone a witness of hope and courage."

This answers the rumors IMO
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Clare Brigid
(08-25-2021, 01:53 PM)Blind Horus Wrote:
Quote:speculate whether he has a peg leg or not.

Pope Francis tweets--->Yesterday, in Tokyo, the Paralympic Games got underway. I send my greetings to the athletes and I thank them because they offer everyone a witness of hope and courage."

This answers the rumors IMO

Made me laugh.
benedicite Wrote:
Zedta Wrote:Well, like I opened with, it could be rumor level. But then, has anyone, since his release from hospital, seen any pics of him doing anything besides sitting?  I haven't seen any myself and that is part of the reason I thought this newsworthy.

The fact that he was standing proves he has a peg leg.
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.