Home businesses
I would like to start a home business. One that is craft oriented.
I can paint. Do you think people would buy something like a hand painted bookmark or thank you card? Maybe the bookmark could have a bible verse on the back.
[-] The following 4 users Like AnaCarolina1's post:
  • ActusFidei313, Catherine, Fontevrault, Orthodox Andy
(08-29-2021, 08:17 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: I would like to start a home business. One that is craft oriented.
I can paint. Do you think people would buy something like a hand painted bookmark or thank you card? Maybe the bookmark could have a bible verse on the back.
In my opinion, yes, they would buy.

Two young women I know are extraordinarily talented and creative in this sort of thing. I have urged them repeatedly to consider doing just what you’re proposing to do. So far, they have not taken the plunge. 

I hope you do. 

All the best.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WWIII's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
(08-29-2021, 08:17 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: I would like to start a home business. One that is craft oriented.

Some suggestions on making it work. I do think there is a growing market for more individualized products such as cards, vs the generic ones one can buy in a store.

1) talk with any local Catholic or Christian store. Bring some samples, see if that is something they would like to buy from you to sell or to see if you can sell them there.

2) check out etsy and or other venues that allow you to take specific orders. This could be a good way to start, gets your name out there
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sword of St. Michael's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
It would be a small addition to our family.
I also will be purging my closet to simplify. I have designer bags and clothes. So on to Poshmark !
You could probably do this sort of thing by opening an etsy shop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catherine's post:
  • AnaCarolina1