Feeling sad
Perhaps It's because it's that time of the month for me, but I'm feeling sad and hopeless. Then I tell myself be strong, to fall into self pity. 

Days like that I tend to overthink everything and see everything black. 

Then I think of Jesus, I talk to him. So soothing to know I can always pray to calm my mind. 

Do you ever get those kind of days? If so, how do you deal with them? 

God bless,
[-] The following 2 users Like The Fairy's post:
  • neanderthal-slayer, NoliTardare
I feel like this often. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. 

Jesus gave us our emotions. He himself also felt sad. 

Cling to him. Tell him how you feel. I find adoration to be especially helpful. 

Above all, remember that our emotions do not reflect the state of our soul. Try to be at peace.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SacraCor714's post:
  • The Fairy
I'm sorry you have the blues. I get them too , sometimes.
Getting my mind off myself and praying for those in my prayer journal helps me, or just feeling ing as Saracor the meloncholy and slowing down helps. A good cry is very cleansing. I light a scented candle and soothing music is good for me too.
Love,
Ana
I hope you're feeling better.

If it usually happens 'around that time of the month', perhaps it could have something to do with your hormones, at least to some extent. The estrogen drops and the progesterone levels rise in the body. This could be totally off, but I've often wondered if it was sort of an innate sadness in my body, that I wasn't pregnant. Even if I wasn't wanting to be pregnant that month, it's what (female) bodies are meant to do.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • The Fairy
How are you doing the Fairy ? Prayers ascending for you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AnaCarolina1's post:
  • The Fairy
(09-14-2021, 03:34 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: How are you doing the Fairy ? Prayers ascending for you.
Ana thank you, I am feeling better :) praying and trusting in God!
Hope your well xx
[-] The following 2 users Like The Fairy's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, JacafamalaRedux